What's your latest camping gear purchase, and what caused you to buy it?

• HTML tutorial

OverlandDeparture

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marana, AZ, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Duarte
Member #

Yeti 110 cause i convinced my old man to toss his old Coleman thats older than i am (29) that he swears "still works" even though its all beat up and torn. so i told him id get him a Yeti cooler hahaha

i will say though, he wasnt wrong....it somehow still held ice for a decent amount of time. but still haha.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I picked up these sand covers for my camping chairs. On soft ground the camping chairs would always sink and sometimes I'd loose the rubber feet.

Reactions: Viking1204

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Here's a few other things I ordered so that I can keep my auxiliary battery charged to keep my new refrigerator running continuously. I've already received and installed the isolator, the other items that will help me tie into my auxiliary battery should arrive tomorrow!

All good stuff you picked up. I have the same isolator for my dual battery setup.

ChadHahn

Rank III

Advocate I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Hahn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0POB
Yeah wasn't going to be my first choice but since I had points at Cabela's. Oh well live went on and I still enjoyed my time in NM and I have time to address issues. It really was somewhat of a shake down trip anyway.
I have a Yeti 400 with sealed battery and it's been working hard since I bought it over 4 years ago. Don't let your bad experience turn you against battery packs.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I recently scored a killer deal on an Arb 2000 awning and got it on the X. Can't wait to out it to use!

Redbear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bayville, NJ
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Murdoch
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2TQO GMRS: WREQ743
I just ordered the ARB Dual compressor air compressor and the Expedition Essentials Bedside Compressor Mount.

In a few weeks I will have my compressor installed on board, hidden and tucked away in the little storage cubby in the side of my Tacoma bed. It’s a little pricey but I can’t wait to get it installed!

Attachments

Thomas P

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Pasinger
Member #

I purchased the Gazelle 3 man tent. My wife and I took on a 3 day trip and it was so easy to set up and take down. We move every day so it was nice. It is definitely worth the price.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I purchased the Gazelle 3 man tent. My wife and I took on a 3 day trip and it was so easy to set up and take down. We move every day so it was nice. It is definitely worth the price.
Having seen these in action, I think this might be my next tent. I'd go with the T4 though. Don't think I need the plus.

Reactions: Thomas P

Thomas P

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Pasinger
Member #

Having seen these in action, I think this might be my next tent. I'd go with the T4 though. Don't think I need the plus.
I would have gone with the T4, but I have a 2dr Wrangler so space is at a premium.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
nearly 3 months ago I ordered rear brake parts from Autozone. They were supposed to call me the following day, they did not call, I called them, this went on for four days, as they kept zero communication with me. I had to call them each day. I went to Napa and had the parts within 20 hours. They lost me as a customer, or so I thought. I was shopping for a new battery and as everyone with LCs knows its pretty hard to find a 27f or 34r AGM unless you spend big big bucks. The pair of Duralast AGMs were six years old and with our planned trip it was time for a new vehicle battery. Duralast quit making the 34r AGM. The manager offered an Odyssey for only 10 more dollars that the Duralast list price. Cool. My account popped up,there had been a problem, and they wanted my business back. 120 dollars off? I'll take it !

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Hoping to get it installed this week. I have received my call sign so I am ready to go.
I hid the unit under my seat, and ran a shielded cat-6 cable to a port in my dash to plug the handset into. Makes for a super clean setup. :D

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

I hid the unit under my seat, and ran a shielded cat-6 cable to a port in my dash to plug the handset into. Makes for a super clean setup. :D
I am going to try and hide behind the dash. I bought an extender cable and an outlet for the mike to mount somewhere, just havent had the time to start looking at it. Radio seems much more complicated than a CB.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I am going to try and hide behind the dash. I bought an extender cable and an outlet for the mike to mount somewhere, just havent had the time to start looking at it. Radio seems much more complicated than a CB.
It's honestly not that complicated. Yes, there's more features than a CB, but it's infinitely more useful. A Baofeng handheld is way more complicated than the midland GMRS radios, honestly.