What's your latest camping gear purchase, and what caused you to buy it?

• HTML tutorial

joshjunior

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Memphis
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Smith
Member #

nothing wild just picked up a latching tote from academy this weekend

Reactions: reaver

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Recently picked up quite a few things, starting off with little gear so a lot I have to get are basics. But the list is as follows;

Luggable Loo 5 Gal bucket with bio bags so we can just bury the mess- so I don't have to poop in a hole and the wife is comfortable going as well
Coleman 5 Gal water jug
Quick Fist Clamps for my Fiskars 28 in axe that'll mount on my Toyota bed rail which I mounted in my bed
Powerfilm 10 watt solar panel- not a basic item more so wanted to test it out
D Ring shackles and tow straps for recovery
Teton 0F Double sleeping bag
Sea to Summit spork/knife
Stanley 24oz cooking cup
GSI pivot spatula
And another Plano cargo container

Reactions: Patriot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
My most recent addition. I like it. Keeps water low in the vehicle, and easy to access.

Reactions: USStrongman

Texassailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, TX
Member #

I've been camping for decades and I'm finally approaching a time when I don't think I could do any better in terms of gear:
The items above form the foundation of my setup. I also have a few items that are key and have worked for me:
  • For cooking, my Weber Q2200 grill and Gas ONE stove. I may ditch the stove and go for a Tembo Tusk Scottle to further simplify not having to bring along pots and pans.
  • My Dietz Hurricane kerosene lanterns are among my favorite things in camp. Makes the night more enjoyable and, strangely, I love the smell of burning kerosene:smilingimp:
The only dream item that remains is a small trailer to take the weight out of the Jeep. Something like a Morris Mule.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I've been camping for decades and I'm finally approaching a time when I don't think I could do any better in terms of gear:
The items above form the foundation of my setup. I also have a few items that are key and have worked for me:
  • For cooking, my Weber Q2200 grill and Gas ONE stove. I may ditch the stove and go for a Tembo Tusk Scottle to further simplify not having to bring along pots and pans.
  • My Dietz Hurricane kerosene lanterns are among my favorite things in camp. Makes the night more enjoyable and, strangely, I love the smell of burning kerosene:smilingimp:
The only dream item that remains is a small trailer to take the weight out of the Jeep. Something like a Morris Mule.
where did you find the quick pitch shower enclosure? Direct from aussieland?

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Just ordered a 12V water pump from Amazon so I can start experimenting with pressurized water systems for camping and at my hunting lease.

Reactions: Alaska

Texassailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, TX
Member #

where did you find the quick pitch shower enclosure? Direct from aussieland?
At the Texas Avid Outdoor Expo in Llano, TX earlier this month. I’ll look for the merchant . . . he is a retired firefighter living in Dripping Springs, TX if I remember correctly. He was much less expensive than others I’ve found online in the US.

Texassailor

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Austin, TX
Member #

Found him: BK Kustomz (click to follow link)

His website doesn't show the QuickPitch shower enclosure, but he was selling both the soft and hard case versions. You might contact him directly. He also fabricated some killer high-density plastic enclosures for electronics. He will do custom work for you.

Nice guy and I enjoyed doing business with him.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

His website doesn't show the QuickPitch shower enclosure, but he was selling both the soft and hard case versions. You might contact him directly. He also fabricated some killer high-density plastic enclosures for electronics. He will do custom work for you.

I remember seeing him there, but don’t recall any details. Good to know he’s local.

TacoDia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Collinsville, Illinois, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
W
Member #

I've been looking for some mobile lighting outside of flashlights and lanterns, While at an event recently I picked up a set of these: Unilight™ - The Most Versatile Light Ever Made (4 Pack) - Hard Korr USA. Magnetic backs with little bungees as well. Little on the pricey side but by spending over $50 at the booth they entered you into a raffle so I went with it. Used them that night and was pretty happy with them. 4 options, high and low white light, amber and flashing amber.

L2828

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
LEE
Last Name
WILLIAMS

All I heard is Cooper's BBQ

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
As the op of this thread, I totally forgot to post WHY I made my most recent purchase...

I've been overlanding in a 2004 Colorado z71 for about two years now. While it's a great truck, I've decided that for my off roading needs, an suv is the best fit.

The plan is to set it up as a dedicated camping rig for either solo trips, or for the family. All we'll need to do is stop and get food, and go. That's the plan anyways.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
As the op of this thread, I totally forgot to post WHY I made my most recent purchase...

I've been overlanding in a 2004 Colorado z71 for about two years now. While it's a great truck, I've decided that for my off roading needs, an suv is the best fit.

The plan is to set it up as a dedicated camping rig for either solo trips, or for the family. All we'll need to do is stop and get food, and go. That's the plan anyways.
Is this one a runner or the one you mentioned needed a new motor? I have been driving my '91 Cherokee the last two weeks. Car and '77 both started to leak water.

Reactions: reaver