What piece of gear made the biggest improvement to your experience?

• HTML tutorial

Drifterman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Patchogue, NY, USA
First Name
Fluffy
Last Name
Drifter
Member #

As of right now being i base camp then wheeling at raush creek im going with popup camper ...needs a new fridge but it works and tires soon will be lift for clearance (hate taking my fenders off) cb but looking to switch to gmrs or ham radios

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Interesting! Under $8 at Home Depot (best price I could find). I use a bottle shower (https://www.simple-shower.com/) but this looks more interesting. I'll pick one up and give it a go.
SATNAV, gave us the courage to go anywhere, knowing that we could get “un-lost” eventually no matter how lost we had gotten

Reactions: JKel and Drifterman

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

Interesting! Under $8 at Home Depot (best price I could find). I use a bottle shower (https://www.simple-shower.com/) but this looks more interesting. I'll pick one up and give it a go.
yup! Like I said, it's like having running water. Washing hands, taking a "Bird bath" or washing dishes is great. No batteries, no cords...… It also makes putting out the remnants of your fire easier.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

yup! Like I said, it's like having running water. Washing hands, taking a "Bird bath" or washing dishes is great. No batteries, no cords...… It also makes putting out the remnants of your fire easier.
I just like the compact size. It's only about a quart but the next size up takes up a lot more space.

Reactions: Drifterman

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

View attachment 88040 The best improvement on the H3 is the OME rear heavy duty rear springs and air right air bags. Pulling our trailer and having all of our gear in the back of the truck is no longer an issue with a sagging rear end. The truck and trailer are now leveled.
Thats a nice looking rig. Serious looking trailer, any specs?

mmbirtcher

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Moore
Member #

A refrigerator. No question. Edgestar that has worked for years although I did have to replace the plastic handles, 12v super cheap plug and plastic hinges (I think.... did I do the hinges or not, :tongueclosed: ???). Well worth the low price point.

mmbirtcher

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Moore
Member #

View attachment 88040 The best improvement on the H3 is the OME rear heavy duty rear springs and air right air bags. Pulling our trailer and having all of our gear in the back of the truck is no longer an issue with a sagging rear end. The truck and trailer are now leveled.
Super nice H3 and trailer! I seriously considered one before going with the LX. Does it have the triple lockers?

max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
The biggest improvement for me was adding the roof rack to my Outback. It allowed me to get the full sized spare out of the rear cargo area and I had room on it to pack up a couple other boxes or the pop up canopy. This was especially helpful when i took the family on a fishing trip or camping.

After that I would have to say a good set of tires.