What piece of gear made the biggest improvement to your experience?

• HTML tutorial

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Yep! I just got a Dometic ice chest type fridge and LOVE IT! The Yeti didnt hold ice all that great and I cant even remember all the food that got ruined when the ice melted and sandwich meat is floating in water, etc.
I want one, just can't justify it. I have dealt with the floating sandwich fixings on more than 1 occasion I have heard of the YETI not holding up to the $$$ expectations.

On fridges, I think the newer fridge/freezer units are the wave of the future. That South African brand... snowmaster, seems to be very robust in it's exterior, and compressor construction.

Reactions: Drifterman

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
This is the best simple shower out there... I have tried many...

You can get pretty clean with very little water.

2nd place - Fridge!

BTodd

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

South Weber, UT
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Todd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TBD
Maxtrax saved my behind pleanty of times. Yesterday, as a matter of fact. I was axle deep in mud/snow slurry. Popped me right on out of there.

lucky_strike

Rank III

Contributor I

not sure I have one favorite purchase...all of my upgrades have all worked together to make the previous purchase perform to its max....i.e. suspension made the truck ride better, flex way more, and made way for tires. but it wouldn't have worked at all with out drive shafts...and lockers made the tires perform to there full ability....hard to say really what was most worth the money. hmmm.....I would say getting my heater working will be the best upgrade thus far lol

Wolf427

Rank III

Contributor III

Halton Hills, ON, Canada
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Mancini
I would have to say my winch. Its a game changer.
Winch as well for me.

I always go out alone, so having a winch is extremely important for me. I tend to tackle a lot of rocks and really rough terrain, stuff where you need a winch or its impassible. Plus its great for sketchy situations like ice or steep terrain where rollovers are likely.

rustyhardwood

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Antrim, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Ferreira
Member #

Winch as well for me.

I always go out alone, so having a winch is extremely important for me. I tend to tackle a lot of rocks and really rough terrain, stuff where you need a winch or its impassible. Plus its great for sketchy situations like ice or steep terrain where rollovers are likely.
Exactly, i tend to go out alone most of the time as well. The added sense of security and self sufficiency is well worth the initial purchase price.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Camp Fire in a Can / Little Red Campfire is also a great addition. So many fire restrictions out west. This allows you a little ambiance. Little Red
Interesting concept. I like the self contained aspect of it, over other options on the market. Price is not unreasonable, and the packability, makes it ideal when stacked/packed with your other gear.

Adventurevanisle

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

View Royal, Capital Regional District, British Columbia, Canada
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Rooney
Member #

If I had to narrow it down to one thing, I’d have to say my Dometic fridge. It’s been a game changer in the sense of not needing to rely on getting ice, being able to fit more items due to not having ice taking up space, and having peace of mind knowing that items are staying at a consistent temperature. It’s really opened up the doors for keeping different ingredients over extended periods of time.