Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Southern Vancouver Island
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Freer
Member #

Just got our new to us Frontier. My son had been reading some books from his Abuela and he wanted to name it Huitzilin a humming bird from the book. I wanted Tlaloc (Aztec god of rain and water) in the hopes of a little more control of the rain while we are out. Wife picked Huitzilin and it stuck. Huitzi for short.

Reactions: CR-Venturer

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Mighty Mouse, because it is small...
I can have waayyy to much fun with that hahah

My truck is named Trixie. Trixie is the name of the stuffed bear in author John ringo’s series under a darkling sky. The stuffed bear becomes the method that main character faith uses to compartmentalize dealing with a zombie apocalypse. It is also the name the marines use to name the M1 tank she gets to drive. Wonderful series.

Reactions: mark62933

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

I dubbed my 4Runner Specter because upon purchase it was gray with black tint, black wheels and the black Toyota badging, looking rather grim and ghostly. I’ve since switched out the wheels, but they are gunmetal, and it looks ever more ghostly than it did before.

We call my daily driver Miles, because that’s its purpose.

Attachments

Last edited:

Progoat

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sharp Rd East Concord, NY, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Scherer
Member #

You always see the Jeep folks with their vehicles named on their hoods...names like "Dominator" or "Slayer"....and it got me wondering if other people, jeep or otherwise, have named their rigs. So....

...Whats your rig's name and why did you name it that?

Mine is Caird, named after the small boat James Caird. The James Caird was a 22.5ft life boat that arguably saved the lives of Ernest Shackleton and the crew of the Endurance in 1916. The Endurance was trapped in the ice in the Weddell Sea of Antarctica and eventually sank. While the overall story of the Endurance is quite a good one, the Caird is known for the open ocean journey from Elephant Island to South Georgia, 800 miles in rough seas (at times 100ft swells) and no navigation except stars and luck. When you consider the size of the ocean, the size of South Georgia, and the fact that past that is just the open Atlantic, it was a miracle they landed on South Georgia.

In the spirit of overlanding, and the fact that my rig is my life boat, I named my 4Runner Caird.
I've had 3 Jeep TJ's All named PROGOAT as in professional Goat! I now have a JL 4-Door Unlimited, and the tags will be MT GOAT, if available.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding