What is your rigs name

• HTML tutorial

brav0zer0

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

UK - Berkshire
Member #

You always see the Jeep folks with their vehicles named on their hoods...names like "Dominator" or "Slayer"....and it got me wondering if other people, jeep or otherwise, have named their rigs. So....

...Whats your rig's name and why did you name it that?

Mine is Caird, named after the small boat James Caird. The James Caird was a 22.5ft life boat that arguably saved the lives of Ernest Shackleton and the crew of the Endurance in 1916. The Endurance was trapped in the ice in the Weddell Sea of Antarctica and eventually sank. While the overall story of the Endurance is quite a good one, the Caird is known for the open ocean journey from Elephant Island to South Georgia, 800 miles in rough seas (at times 100ft swells) and no navigation except stars and luck. When you consider the size of the ocean, the size of South Georgia, and the fact that past that is just the open Atlantic, it was a miracle they landed on South Georgia.

In the spirit of overlanding, and the fact that my rig is my life boat, I named my 4Runner Caird.
Obviously, Lilly the Hilly..... HiLux :-)

Reactions: Tinker

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I've had The Gray Ghost, the Fuglyvan, the Red Express--all vans of one sort or another--and now Vannery O'Connor (dollar to the 1st person who catches the ref):

roaddude_shade_pecos-1106.jpg

Though I've had a mess of other vehicles, I don't recall naming any other than my vans.

Madbodhi

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Mayville WI
Member #

Her name is Alice after both the Resident Evil heroine and the Alice, Madness Returns video game.
20170723_212531_HDR.jpg
This one is named FirePower as combined nod to it's history as a military vehicle then Fire Dept rig and being a Powerwagon. Actually was planning to make this my overlanding vehicle before the Land Cruiser came on the scene...I may yet.
images (1).jpeg
Have another Powerwagon and a 67 Chrysler convertible but they languish in anonymity.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Thanks - the tent is a Columbia Variant Medium from Autohome.
Got my Magi from the same dealer. Looks very similar to mine. I watched your other video on YouTube, I must say I was getting the 'willies' just watching it. It was good to see you had three guys as counterweight.