What is your rigs name

• HTML tutorial

Vinman

Rank II

Enthusiast III

My 2005 LJ Rubicon is named Crack-Pipe
About 1-1/2 years after I bought it I was out wheeling on some local trails and at one point I hopped back in the Jeep there was a crack-pipe sitting on he drivers side floor board, I have no idea where it came from but can only speculate it was stuffed inside the drivers seat and eventually worked its way out until I finally found it.
Funny thing is as soon as I bought the jeep I completely stripped the entire interior out of it to give a thorough cleaning but didn't see it then.
I’m sure glad I found it when I did though, about a month later I was heading to Moab from Alberta and doubt I could expain it away if it was found at the border crossing.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Most people who see the name Red Five on the side of my Jeep think it has to do with the color of it, Red Rock Crystal, and ask me what the Five means. Fortunately, there are a number of true geeks out there who immediately recognize it for the real meaning.

Red 5 is the 5th position in the Red Squadron of the Massassi Group of the Rebellion in the Star Wars universe. Most notably, Red 5 was assigned to Luke Skywalker just prior to the assault on the Death Star. He remained in that position until after the retreat from Hoth... About 5 years.

As a Star Wars fanatic... It just made sense.

Traveler I

US
Most people who see the name Red Five on the side of my Jeep think it has to do with the color of it, Red Rock Crystal, and ask me what the Five means. Fortunately, there are a number of true geeks out there who immediately recognize it for the real meaning.

Red 5 is the 5th position in the Red Squadron of the Massassi Group of the Rebellion in the Star Wars universe. Most notably, Red 5 was assigned to Luke Skywalker just prior to the assault on the Death Star. He remained in that position until after the retreat from Hoth... About 5 years.

As a Star Wars fanatic... It just made sense.
My wife got me the sunshade of Chewy, Han, Luke, and Obi Wan frontal view in the Millennium Falcon, and I hadn't come up with a name at the time. So the Falcon stuck. My previous vehicle was the Storm Trooper.

Ironhide

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

Ironhide after my favorite Transformer. The original caricature was a Toyota van and the movie version is a gmc truck. Naturally being a gmc van it made sense to me. Also the fact that it has been transformed from a stick GMC safari awd van into an overlanding rig is a factor. Hope to see all you guys on the trail in your own transformed rigs!

Ironhide

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

Ironhide after my favorite Transformer. The original caricature was a Toyota van and the movie version is a gmc truck. Naturally being a gmc van it made sense to me. Also the fact that it has been transformed from a stick GMC safari awd van into an overlanding rig is a factor. Hope to see all you guys on the trail in your own transformed rigs!
Actually I ment stick GMC van.

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

"The Rot Wagon" because it's perpetually rotten with rust, mud, greasy parts, etc. Well... also because it's catchy & fits on a plate.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Trbanks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

I have named every vehicle I have owned since I was sixteen years old. When I bought this truck I drove her a while but hadn’t come up with a name for her. After a few weeks, my wife started calling her Matilda, and it stuck.

She got the name from the Australian outback song “Waltzing Matilda”.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding