what is your go-to tire?

• HTML tutorial

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

So its getting to be that time again where the old tires are just not cutting it anymore. they have a little life left in them but the preparation has begun. Ive owned and rode a lot of different tires, but have fell in love with nittos trail grapplers and im on my 5th set because of tread life, traction, price, road noise, and they just look good.

what is your go to tire and why? Maybe there is a better tire out there that I haven't head of.

Reactions: JKel

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

I'm currently running Nitto Terra Grappler G2's and they are a great tire. However, I do want something a little more aggressive so I'm looking at the Ridge Grapplers. The Trail Grapplers are great but just a bit too aggressive for me. I haven't pulled the trigger on the Ridge Grapplers yet...My Terra's have a wee bit more life in them. So, I can't give any real life experience on them yet. But, just from a Nitto standpoint (everything from off road to performance track tires) I can say they are a quality tire.

-Curtiss

Reactions: Cendee

AnywhereInTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
I run Hankook DynaPro AT on my trucks. I can't go full aggressive because I daily the vehicle. These work well enough for where I take the truck and they are economically priced to buy five at a time.

Last edited:

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Because my X is still a DD and because I've had good luck with them in the past, I've been running the Cooper Discoverer AT3. They are pretty quiet and we take family trips in the X regularly. They are also quite affordable and have decent tread life.

I'm considering trying the Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my pickup this go-round though. I've got a buddy who's having good luck with his set, but they do seem stiffer than my Coopers.

OwenMcCoy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Parker
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

I run a set of General Grabber AT2 tires. They have not let me down. Road noise is low which is a + and the tread blocks are spaced just far enough apart that keeping the tread clean is quite easy.. I have also had the Yokahama Geolander AT's that were great as well.

fixiecory

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque
Member #

I used to only buy the KO2s. They are awesome and have a LONG history of reliability. But the last set I bought was the Cooper Discoverer AT3s and I love em, nice and quiet on the road and plenty capable (for me at least) off road. I would like to try the Cooper ST Maxx next just ‘cause I like how they look.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

General grabber X3 worked perfect for me if I would live in the US I would look at the grabber atx to.

Stickman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Eads, TN
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Treanor
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4FBH
I just switched from nitro terra grapples to BFG KM3s. Very happy. Great look. Quiet. Performs flawlessly. Can't go wrong.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I am very happy with the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. I have been running them on the XJ for a couple of years, and liked them enough to have just bought a set of them for the Suburban.

Reactions: Stickman and TerryD

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

So its getting to be that time again where the old tires are just not cutting it anymore. they have a little life left in them but the preparation has begun. Ive owned and rode a lot of different tires, but have fell in love with nittos trail grapplers and im on my 5th set because of tread life, traction, price, road noise, and they just look good.

what is your go to tire and why? Maybe there is a better tire out there that I haven't head of.
I am running my second set of Cooper STT Pro's. Decent tire but I am going to the Ridge Grappler as soon as these wear out.

Reactions: avgjoe624

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

I am running my second set of Cooper STT Pro's. Decent tire but I am going to the Ridge Grappler as soon as these wear out.

STT PROs here as well. Great tire!
I have two sets of wheels though. DDs and Trail.... if I only had one set, I’d go w STT MAXX

Reactions: Michael

JKel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Suwanee, GA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Barnes
Member #

I’m having the same debate right now, getting ready to take the Jeep to the beach at the end of the month. It’s a toss up between the KO2 and the Wildpeak AT3W for me. Really, it’s a toss up between load range c and load range E, because in my size the AT3W only comes in E and SL, where the KO2 comes in C.

I’m probably going to choose the KO2, just for the lighter tire. I just don’t think the Jeep is heavy enough for the E range.

Reactions: Cendee

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Current tires are the original Wrangler AT/S that came with the truck. However, after the blowout the other night, I'm looking into a different brand. Or, it may just be they were 8 years old. :smirk: Any suggestions as to a good trail & beach tire that will also be daily driven is muchly appreciated.

Attachments