what is your go-to tire?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

avgjoe624

Rank V

Contributor I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

I can only vouch for the trail grapplers, especially the load range E versions. theyre extremely tough and quite amazing on the trail. They are however, an aggressive tread that a lot of people aren't a fan of.

Ive been looking into Ridge grapplers, which seem like they would be a great tire.

and if nothing else,, I know BF Goodrich produces some great tires, but theyre a little pricey for me

I'm on my 3rd set of BFGoodrich All-Terrains, first 2 were the old KO tyres, current set is the KO2.
I do a lot of driving on unsealed (gravel) roads and in my experience, nothing else handles and lasts like the BFGoodrich tyres.
I also do a lot of sand driving and the BFGs are quite good in the sand too, they are a bit more aggressive than I would like for sand and not quite aggressive enough for some of the thick muddy clay we get over here, but like everything on an overlanding rig, it's a balancing act.