What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
I mean..... im no stranger to it...... that photo was taken about 45 minutes after into my first real drive with her. @roots @SJ.Overland

At the end of this trip in the photos mine was covered in mud you could not see the green

Attachments

MSD

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Duff
Member #

Hasn’t happened yet but it’s paid for new trans & torque converter & transfer case for Vinnie. Plus lights for the rack. Ouch that was a quick $6k out the door.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Already had the lights, so decided to get the hitch mount so I can actually see behind me when backing up. And since I was at it, got some new soldering bits too.

IMAG2084.jpg

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Spotted & picked up these at the hardware store today, they will be perfect to hang my string lights on the RTT or the awning and all kinds of other things. They slide nicely into the channel on both.

IMG_6462.jpg IMG_6463.jpg

Reactions: roots66 and 9Mike2

05EXCURSION

Rank VI

Influencer I

Renton, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lujan
Member #

I just picked up an M105A2 military trailer that I plan on turning into my base camp. Will be moving the roof top tent from the excursion or to the trailer. Will be installing a diesel heater, water tank, water pump for the shower and sink. So many things to buy now that I have a large platform to built off of. Will kept you posted

Attachments

K-G

Rank V

Enthusiast III

New Hope, Alabama, United States
First Name
Kajetan
Last Name
Groicher
Member #

Had just returned from a road trip across three states to see family when my radiator barfed all over my drive way. Soooooo….

Installed a new radiator, hoses, and water pump for good measure (180k on the ‘05).

Also replaced the idler arm and bracket, inner and outer tie rods, sway bar links and bracket bushings. I was gonna do the upper and lower control arms as well, but the radiator failure preempted that.

One note, I used the MOOG Problem Solver series. They appeared to be stronger than OEM. I ordered the Rough Country end link sleeves to add more rigidity, and found they do not fit the MOOG PS parts. This seems to confirm the OEM++ build of the parts.

I know RC says the sleeves only fit OEM links, but I assumed they were talking of the massive “Kryptonite” links. So if you are a Silverado owner looking to the RC link sleeves, don’t use the MOOG PS parts. I’m more than happy with the approach I took though.

Next parts to buy, upper and lower control arms of course!