What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial
D

Deleted member 14476

I just installed an 8 gang switch (Patrol, purchased on Amazon) in our JKU and JT. Really helped neatening up the wiring and allows for adding additional lighting to our Jeeps.
Curious to see how this works for you

D

danbrown

I just installed an 8 gang switch (Patrol, purchased on Amazon) in our JKU and JT. Really helped neatening up the wiring and allows for adding additional lighting to our Jeeps.
I’ll review it after some usage. I got the recommendation from watching Matt at Ozark Overland Adventures. He seems to have been running one for awhile with no issues. For the price it was worth giving it a try.

Reactions: Desert Runner
D

Deleted member 14476

I’ll review it after some usage. I got the recommendation from watching Matt at Ozark Overland Adventures. He seems to have been running one for awhile with no issues. For the price it was worth giving it a try.
Heck yeah, I did a little research and I think I found their (and a lot of other 8 gang switch Amazon sellers) manufacturer in China also.
You can order direct from the manufacturer and cut the cost ridiculously. Manufacturer’s Alibaba page for the switches

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

Milwaukee pivoting rover 550 lumens light. Rechargeable red lithium with a USB port.

Why?
Because not only are they awesome, but have a carabiner and also magnetic mount. The head pivots to any direction around the base and has 3 light settings. Having bought one for work.......it wasn't long before I started taking them out on adventures. I always have one in the truck . Just got a 2 pack foe my other work trucks.

I can slap one on the back of a trailer when backing up in the dark and have plenty of light. Or play cards by it in the dark on the low setting. By buying more....I can have a dedicated one in my new off road teardrop trailer coming next week.

Light

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Makita 36V chainsaw. I'm already in that system with batteries.

This weekend was a reminder that I really needed to get one when wheeling in areas that burn. Had to turn around a couple of times after reaching a fallen dead tree from the fires in recent years. a handsaw or hatchet is not very useful when the tree trunk is a foot or more in diameter. and the SxS's only clear just enough to let their vehicles pass. not sure why they can't cut another couple feet to actually clear the road so everyone can pass without scratching up their vehicles, or driving around off the road/trail to get around it.

2dub

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
With my Christmas gift cards I got myself the lightweight RTIC 52 qt cooler. I just got it in and so far I am impressed and can't wait to use it.

RTIC.jpg

Before my trip this summer I bought the Igloo BMX 65qt cooler. I went cheap and got cheap. I've had many Igloo coolers without any issue so naturally went with them for this one and got burned. It was my second time using the cooler and 3 days in on a 16 day trip the hinges broke, a total of 5 days out of my garage. I didn't abuse or misuse it (though a cooled should be able to take some light/mild abuse). This cooler looks rugged and capable but the hinges are screwed into thin plastic with nothing behind it to secure it. Adding to Igloos lack of quality. I emailed support following all their instructions and they only sent me 1 new hinge. WTF am I supposed to screw this into, besides I needed 2. Igloo lost a customer forever on this one. I wouldn't even buy a small thermos from them now.

I will say this held the ice really well but now it's relegated to being a pool side cooler only I think it can handle this task, but this also doesn't meet my wife's cuteness factor so it may not last long at that. She said she likes the RTIC and may get one for the pool in a cute color.

Maybe now I'll learn "Buy once, cry once"
20210625_125630.jpg20210622_201103.jpg

tundra21

Rank V

Advocate III

Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stein
Member #

So, we all probably have a huge list of upgrades and things we want to buy..
So what is the last thing you bought, and what is next on the list?

Last things I bought that where on the list are a pack of zip ties and some good working gloves :P

Next thing, besides actually getting a Landcruiser is going to be some locking nuts for the spare tire and a spare lamp kit ;)
Fuse for my Dometic, locktight to secure bolts in bed rack
Buy - CO2 bottle for airing up