What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
well, i didnt want it to seem like all of the online purchases are about "me", so i picked up a little something for the wife...

View attachment 224082
First thing she is going to say, "You don't like the way I make sandwiches then make them yourself!".

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I know I just posted, but I just picked up a little cheap Uniden CB from a guy on a job. Just so happens he was taking it out of his old truck. Will it even be useful? Lol. I’m not a radio guy. No clue here.
Still a decent number of folks using CB in the USA especially. Certain parts of Canada as well, mostly the praries where it works best. In the mountains, CB isn't as good. I have one in my rig, and I use it when wheeling with certain friends of mine. I plan to install a UHF with the Resource Road channels programmed come spring, but not taking my CB out.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Still a decent number of folks using CB in the USA especially. Certain parts of Canada as well, mostly the praries where it works best. In the mountains, CB isn't as good. I have one in my rig, and I use it when wheeling with certain friends of mine. I plan to install a UHF with the Resource Road channels programmed come spring, but not taking my CB out.
I see it used as well. GMRS has definitley gained a lot of ground since I started using it, but still run into a few groups still running CB. These days I just run VHF/UHF and GMRS (also UHF technically lol).

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Bought and installed a Warn M8000 winch over the weekend. It may not be the biggest but it didn't hurt the wallet and it'll do fine with a snatch block and some tow straps in series. Glad to finally fill the hole in the bumper.

IMG_4748.jpg

Next up is a suspension refresh with a 2.5" AEV system and a RTT Utility Trailer Build. Gonna be a fun and expensive couple of months.

JacksonRL

Rank VII

Educator I

York County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Jackson
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I see it used as well. GMRS has definitley gained a lot of ground since I started using it, but still run into a few groups still running CB. These days I just run VHF/UHF and GMRS (also UHF technically lol).
I’ll have to look into those. There’s a topic in here about radios, correct?

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Advocate III

King County, WA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Aurich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WREY362
New iKamper 2.0 tent. Went exploring on some trails around central Washington state today and did a test setup (not camping this weekend unfortunately).
PXL_20220226_002254500.jpg

In this picture, the camera is level, but the Jeep is not. Thankfully, the new tent isn't coming loose! The new Rhino Backbone system and crossbars are doing great!
PXL_20220225_231046423.jpg

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Recently purchased a new to us Jeep JKU which has been unmolested by its former owner and completely bone stock for a clean slate for a build. Spent this weekend making the rounds of our favorite shops spending our children's inheritance on the first round of "necessities" for overland exploration:) Now have a huge pile of boxes stacked up in the garage to keep me busy with installation.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Trail Forged WJ Track bar on it's way. Currie Johnny Joint one end and Trail Forged special bushing on the other, good to go for 9/16" hardware. I expect no binding, less stress on the frame bracket, and a lot better longevity. Tired of getting less than 6 months out of polyurethane bushings on the JKS.

1646086840125.png 1646087113827.png

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ