What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Maxtrax came in today !
Does any one lock them on the vehicle? I’m not so sure about just straps and parking on the street.
You better not leave them unlocked. I've been looking for some just like yours. LOL

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
last thing i bought was a swing out hitch carrier for extra fuel.
it looked a lot different on the seller's website....:expressionless:

but on the bright side...i bet it deters tailgating! :grinning:

View attachment 186097View attachment 186098
I know everyone does it but think back a few years ago when Ralph Nader got the Ford Pinto manufacturing banned for so called un-safe gas tanks. I guess I'm still brainwashed about having gas tanks so vulnerable to rear end collisions. I'd like to hear other opinions on carrying gas tanks on the rear bumper and other options.
As a side note I just purchased 2 new jerry cans and havent decided where to put them for safe transport.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I know everyone does it but think back a few years ago when Ralph Nader got the Ford Pinto manufacturing banned for so called un-safe gas tanks. I guess I'm still brainwashed about having gas tanks so vulnerable to rear end collisions. I'd like to hear other opinions on carrying gas tanks on the rear bumper and other options.
As a side note I just purchased 2 new jerry cans and havent decided where to put them for safe transport.
Having had my XJ rear ended more than once, that has always been a concern. At least get them up high enough that most cars would hit underneath them. The van that hit last time was pretty tall.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
ha! my first car was a '76 pinto....i'm used to living dangerously!

1612369028386.png

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
4625DA7E-A3C8-4CF6-80D9-B78E8ADEF4EA.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Having had my XJ rear ended more than once, that has always been a concern. At least get them up high enough that most cars would hit underneath them. The van that hit last time was pretty tall.
I appreciate your input. Were you pulling your trailer when you were rear ended ?

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
The first car I legally drove on the highway was a 76 Pinto wagon. I had been driving for 4 years at that point.
yeah, those pintos weren't exactly "chick magnets"...
but on the flipside...if a girl was dating me and riding in my pinto, i knew she wasn't dating me for my car :grinning:

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I appreciate your input. Were you pulling your trailer when you were rear ended ?
No, my son in law was using my Jeep. He was stopped at a light and a plumbers van hit him from the rear. It totaled the van. My bumper did a number on him. He got my signals and the hatch. His insurance paid $2400. I fixed it for $300.

I have my trailer insured on an agreed price of $20k.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The first car I legally drove on the highway was a 76 Pinto wagon. I had been driving for 4 years at that point.
My first car to drive was a 1931 model A Ford coup. I was 12 at the time and it was 16. I didn't know it had 3 forward gears so I drove it in whatever gear I could find.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparksalot

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
No, my son in law was using my Jeep. He was stopped at a light and a plumbers van hit him from the rear. It totaled the van. My bumper did a number on him. He got my signals and the hatch. His insurance paid $2400. I fixed it for $300.

I have my trailer insured on an agreed price of $20k.
Your trailer is worth every cent of that. BTW did your SIL get any whip lash from that accident ? If not he was a lucky man !

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Being eye one for awhile, so I picked up a cordless impact wrench made by WORKPRO on Amazon. 20V, 1/2", 320lb torque. I've yet to test it out.

Reactions: ThundahBeagle