What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Thank you! I am definitely happy with them. The second picture has the protection film that they put on for packaging. I forgot to take it off when I took the picture.
Ah ok, that would have been a cool feature though (without the film).

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

I heard a loud pop, (kinda like a shelf fell over) come from my garage last weekend. I went ti inspect but saw nothing out of the ordinary. I later pressed the button to lift my garage door and it would not lift all the way because the helper spring had snapped in half.

Gonna replace it later today, when it comes in.

20200702_130532.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I heard a loud pop, (kinda like a shelf fell over) come from my garage last weekend. I went ti inspect but saw nothing out of the ordinary. I later pressed the button to lift my garage door and it would not lift all the way because the helper spring had snapped in half.

Gonna replace it later today, when it comes in.

View attachment 161742
Had the same happen to me before. Forgot how much I paid to get it fixed. I think it was about $79 or so.

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

Had the same happen to me before. Forgot how much I paid to get it fixed. I think it was about $79 or so.
That's not bad at all, the spring shipped with the bars to help turn it came out to about $73. But I like to film these thing for my Youtube channel.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Just picked up today the Badlands Apex 12000 winch w/20% off coupon. Next purchase will be a mount for it so I can put it in my JT OEM steel bumper. Next paycheck.

Reactions: EXPO_D1

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My next purchase is 6 grade 8 bolts to mount my winch plate to my frame.
Well how the heck can a parts guy screw up a bolt order... ordered 1/2” x 1” NF bolts, got 7/16” x 2 1/2” NC. Guess I know what I’m doing in the morning.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Today was an expensive day. Bought a mover for our Hobby caravan trailer. And bought 5 new KO2's for the Cruiser.. Money deffo rolled haha.
Next on the list? Nothing at the moment..

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Decided I needed a good smaller tent for the upcoming Eastern Oregon trip.
We are going to cover a lot of remote territory so we will have more water, food, and gas on board than usual.
The WJ is gonna be packed to roof (and beyond) with supplies. The size, weight, and absolute need to be staked down has me leaving the loved canvas Kodiak tent at home.
Couldn't find a Gazelle T3 for under $440 - NO WAY I am paying that mark up. So I ordered this bad boy- Big Agnes Doghouse 4.
I like that it does not have a separate rain fly to mess with, has the ability to close off the vents if we end up in a sand storm (again!), and has fairly steep walls for a dome style.
Big Agnes makes nice stuff, so I have high expectations.

Doghouse 4.PNG

What do I plan to buy next? Looking like a ball joint (or more) for the Tahoe. This Thursday I spent 1k on it for other fixes so it is parked until next payday.
No complaint, it has 189k miles and I show it no mercy. Repairs are still a heck of a lot cheaper than making payments on a new depreciating asset (AKA new vehicle).