What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

Last rig item I purchased would be JL taser Lite. Still waiting for it to arrive.

Next on my list would be the Dji mavic mini and/or the Rugged Ridge Snorkel for the JL.

Attachments

jimmynotjim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jimmy
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

After years of sloshing ice and soggy food I finally bought a Dometic CFX3 55. A bit larger than I probably needed since the lack of ice frees up a lot of space, but I didn't want the hinge on the short side.

Next up will probably be a deep cycle battery so I can ensure it won't shut off so quickly. The safety mechanism seems to turn it off within an hour or so with the stock 4Runner battery.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Last thing was a Comet SBB-1 antenna for use in groups. Still keep the CA2X4SR behind the seat for when I need the range but otherwise, the shorter antenna should be better for avoiding damage through the trees.

Next thing is rock rails... yet another Rubicon take-off someone is selling for cheap but they're enough to let me get out on the trails now.

Last edited:

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

I have been camping out of the off road trailer and not using the other gear lately. We went for 5 days in the drift boat for the first time since last summer. Found out it was time for some gear upgrades - the old Coleman camp stove finally gave up the ghost, the left burner no longer shuts off and you can't adjust the flame and my 15 year old Therm a Rest leaks at the seam. So today:

A new Camp Chef Everest 2X and Therm a Rest Basecamp are on the way.

untitled.pnguntitled 2.png

Reactions: BchBum11511

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I need to purchase a Flywheel, starter, clutch, and driveshafts... maybe some other goodies as well...

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harriman, TN, Tennessee 61, Harriman, TN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Last thing I bought? Does a 2018 Tacoma TRD Offroad count? :) yes since this is a newish truck I have had less than a week, I have not bought much else recently... I still have to pull things off my old Ranger and see what is compatible and what is not. Then I have to look at what parts on my list are in budget and what my shopping priority should be. I want to get protection items (from seat covers to skid plates) first then functional parts, then look good parts. I also have a LOT of DIY projects planned for the truck. if I have the ability to build it, I can usualy make it better (or at least better suited to my wishes) than the stuff I find commercially, and often at a third the price.

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Couldn't wait! Headed to home Depot for a 1 inch holesaw to knock yet another hole in the firewall.... What dummy puts giant connectors on a wire that's gotta cross walls.... Oh well! Loving the setup!20200608_185028.jpg20200608_185238.jpg

Reactions: EXPO_D1

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE
Couldn't wait! Headed to home Depot for a 1 inch holesaw to knock yet another hole in the firewall.... What dummy puts giant connectors on a wire that's gotta cross walls.... Oh well! Loving the setup!
if you already have a gromet available, you might want to cut the connector off and reattach it instead of drilling another hole in the firewall, but since I can not see where you are trying to get a wire through, it is just a thought. that said... what model vehicle is that... looks like a van, but I have not seen a van configured like that before (I also have not looked at van interiors in a LONG time)

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

if you already have a gromet available, you might want to cut the connector off and reattach it instead of drilling another hole int he firewall, but since I can not see where you are trying to get a wire through, it is just a thought. that said... what model vehicle is that... looks like a van, but I have not seen a van configured like that before (I also have not looked at van interiors in a LONG time)
I don't know how to crimp the uhf connector so I just knocked a 3/4 hole in the firewall and finished it with a grommet.

It's a Honda Element! Super super giant empty box inside! Aerodynamics of a box outside!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I don't know how to crimp the uhf connector so I just knocked a 3/4 hole in the firewall and finished it with a grommet.

It's a Honda Element! Super super giant empty box inside! Aerodynamics of a box outside!
Crimping the wires went hard... it’s having the correct tool for the job... punching the hole was probably your best bet... I love your interior btw.

MattLew

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lewandowski
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4DIE

Yeah... it tends to take crimping tools that are not so common at the home improvement store... I always bought solder on connectors when i was building antennas or installing my 706. I got lucky with my last Ranger. There was a HUGE grommet in the back so I was able to remote mount the head on the dash, the body behind the seat, and run power under the carpet and antenna between the cab and the bed. but I also spent the last few years inactive, and do not even know if my 706 still works, much less what I plan to do to mount it in my new Tacoma. I mean it would be a great excuse to get a 7100, but that $1500 would be better spent on a set of skid plates for the taco :)