What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Today I bought five new milestar Patagonia’s for my rig and five more for the wife’s. You know trying two build two at the same time is brutal especially when you are trying to end with to end up with two very different types of rigs. Mine is going to be much more aggressive

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

So I'm getting some Jcr roof rack mounts/hardware so I can make myself a roof rack for the Xj, I never wanted a roof rack for the rig, because of the weight up top, I built one for my sons Xj. (I hope to shave a few pounds on this one). Transitioning to more overlanding type of off roading than trails. I think additional storage area will be nice. Should be a fun project for sure!

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Getting my 46 Willys CJ2A ready for a week-long overlanding trip in September. Space will be limited behind the seats, so I'm having to downsize my usual set-up. So I just ordered two Front Runner Wolf Packs to use instead of my usual Rubbermaid Action Packers. We'll see how they work out.

Reactions: TexasGMG

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
So I'm getting some Jcr roof rack mounts/hardware so I can make myself a roof rack for the Xj, I never wanted a roof rack for the rig, because of the weight up top, I built one for my sons Xj. (I hope to shave a few pounds on this one). Transitioning to more overlanding type of off roading than trails. I think additional storage area will be nice. Should be a fun project for sure!
I am right with you I really don’t want a roof rack but I need the space until I finish my trailer build I don’t have access to a welder and I don’t want to go with nuts and bolts that will most likely rattle loose sooner or later so I am just buying a cheap one that mounts to the existing crossmembers

Reactions: JDGreens

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Got a cheap amazon. tailgate easy down assist kit. I was more interested on the fittings, the strut will probably go bust in a few months, but I can replace that with a quality one easy.
A bracket and some bolts + a shock in a good kit its like 110 Euro , a good shock only is 20. It is kind of insane.
So got the cheap kit with stainless steel bracket for 27 euro, will order later a good brand shock.

Reactions: TexasGMG

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Waiting for my replacement air intake system to ship, Jackery 500, and a Sun Shade lol.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

I bought the following items in the last month due to COVID induced boredom:

Safe Jack Seargent during their 20% off sale.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 for Gaia.
Put a down payment on a storage/sleep platform build.
Expedition Essentials T4RPAM powered accessory mount for my tablets.
ScanTool OBDLink LX.
Sound deadening.

I really need to put my wallet away.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I bought the following items in the last month due to COVID induced boredom:

Safe Jack Seargent during their 20% off sale.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 for Gaia.
Put a down payment on a storage/sleep platform build.
Expedition Essentials T4RPAM powered accessory mount for my tablets.
ScanTool OBDLink LX.
Sound deadening.

I really need to put my wallet away.
Keep the tab open lol

Reactions: Brett L.

tundra21

Rank V

Advocate III

Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stein
Member #

So, we all probably have a huge list of upgrades and things we want to buy..
So what is the last thing you bought, and what is next on the list?

Last things I bought that where on the list are a pack of zip ties and some good working gloves :P

Next thing, besides actually getting a Landcruiser is going to be some locking nuts for the spare tire and a spare lamp kit ;)
REI had a big sale so I bought a Garmin GPS..working on adding 2nd battery and power to bed for Dometic type refer.

Reactions: RoarinRow