What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I needed a pickup so I bought an '03 S-10 ZR2. Needs a new power steering pump (seals are out) and I need to add a trannie cooler on it. Previous owner installed over sized, drilled rotors and had the rear end rebuilt.
View attachment 140010
Is it two or four wheel drive. I know nothing about the s-10's. Good luck Doug

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Just baught an arb fridge and slide. Aye Chey Wawa. Hope I don’t have to do that again. Maybe upgrade the fox wing to a 23zero someday
I just bought a Rovsun 54 qt refer on Amazon for $270, did you pay more ?

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

What else would you recommend. I haven't bought them yet but they've been on my wish list for years.
If you're not in big hurry watch Craiglist and e-bay for used ones. I have a 2 gallon and two 1.75 gallon Rotopax that I found that way used along with mounts for less than half of new. To grubworms point, I did install snap in style gas jug vents. Makes them much easier to pour and you can vent them on hot days.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Speaking of Craigslist, picked up this little 18" McCulloch chainsaw for $50 today. Runs great and will make a good saw for carrying in the rigs. Now I can leave my big Husqvarna with the 24" bar home.
View attachment 140021
Got to love those macs for trail saws... need to build me a saw box for mine and put it on my roof

TexasGMG

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Hell
First Name
Fuck
Last Name
Off
Is it two or four wheel drive. I know nothing about the s-10's. Good luck Doug
It's 4 wheel drive. I didn't know much about them either. The more I read the more I wonder if I should have passed on it. lol There aren't a lot of after market parts available for it either. I've spent most of the day looking for a winch bumper and only found a couple, and none of them really trip my trigger.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Looking to get some RotopaX for water and fuel.
Rotopax are extremely expensive IMO for the amount of fuel or water they can hold, there are better options out there, shop around!
Yeah I have to agree with Scott on the RotoPax reliability. I don't personally own the but I had done a ton of research on them and on a back up fuel source for the jeep before I decided I want to go with AEV Jeep spare tire carrier fuel container. I had read a lot of mixed reviews on the Roto's that they leak when they bounce and they have no vent hole. Then others said it swelled and leaked as some said they loved it. I had to be real and say looks they are probably the sickest looking system out there but practicality in amount of fluid stored for the price/ reliability was my deal breaker. I like Rotopax longer and double the amount of the small tanks fuel capacity but it was still not really practical. The AEV solution is definitely more than what I want to spend but its reliable and I think its going to take the abuse I give the rig. What type of rig do you have @pnwexplorer?

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well I finally pulled the trigger on a couple of items. I have no idea how the ref will perform, it is a ROvsun 54 qt frig-freezer and the reviews were good (EH). The stove I bought just to beat the price on the one @grubworm bought. na ne na ne na na ! Finally everyone needs a propane hose conversion don't they ?

SWEEEEET! Your headed into the "Look MA No Ice" Club! Please post pics when it comes in and how she performs. That price point is rocking tbh!

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Speaking of Craigslist, picked up this little 18" McCulloch chainsaw for $50 today. Runs great and will make a good saw for carrying in the rigs. Now I can leave my big Husqvarna with the 24" bar home.
Sweet Deal! I want to try to find a 21". I figure the 21"is going to be able to handle anything that the trail throws our way and if its bigger than that I really don't even want to try to cut it...Wont be fun lol

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Sweet Deal! I want to try to find a 21". I figure the 21"is going to be able to handle anything that the trail throws our way and if its bigger than that I really don't even want to try to cut it...Wont be fun lol
Too bad you’re not here... I have a 20” needing a new home

• Wow
Reactions: SinisterJK

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Too bad you’re not here... I have a 20” needing a new home
Michael if I was closer I would totally give her a new home for ya! I've been looking on Craigslist but rarely do I find one that works for that price most of them around that price say PARTS ONLY....Grrrrr

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Michael if I was closer I would totally give her a new home for ya! I've been looking on Craigslist but rarely do I find one that works for that price most of them around that price say PARTS ONLY....Grrrrr
I got lucky with mine... 20 bucks and it was listed as for parts... it just needed the carb tweaked and she purrs like a raped ape... put an Oregon Bar and chain on her and she now cuts through oak like a hot knife through butter.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well I finally pulled the trigger on a couple of items. I have no idea how the ref will perform, it is a ROvsun 54 qt frig-freezer and the reviews were good (EH). The stove I bought just to beat the price on the one @grubworm bought. na ne na ne na na ! Finally everyone needs a propane hose conversion don't they ?

I cancelled the stove because it wasn't duel fuel after all. I bought the same one as @grubworm. See page 99 post #1964 for details. It was a better buy IMO..

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It's 4 wheel drive. I didn't know much about them either. The more I read the more I wonder if I should have passed on it. lol There aren't a lot of after market parts available for it either. I've spent most of the day looking for a winch bumper and only found a couple, and none of them really trip my trigger.
I personally think the after market community rip's off the off road guy's a bunch. I just bought a front bumper (stripped of everything) and paid $488 for it. I'll still have to take it to a welding shop to add some necessities to it. They want about $1000 for a rear bumper but I'm not that big of a fool. I could have made it for less than half except for my disability to do physical work right now. I hope you know how to weld because you will probably have to make a lot of things yourself.
Good luck with your build and let us know your progress.