What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

it's even got built in pizeo ignition

That's the same exact one I have, for when I only have the van with me, or for overnight with the canoe or bike.

Having duel fuel is pretty handy. The 3400 is 8,000 BTU, which is just a tad more than the typical burner on a gas home stove. A lot of folks think "Oh, Ima get the most BTUs I can!" You really don't need the 12,000 and 15,000 unless you're doing huge pots of something for a crowd or are a pro chef and doing a ton of searing for a wedding or something. The way high BTU burners can be harder to use for low output when you need it, too.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I picked up today the rear main seal, front axle seals, Flywheel bolts since they're one time use and door lock bezels that keep my front door lock button from hanging down from my door panels and some other parts that I had ordered to build a rear hatch light (Not OEM). Wasn't expecting to buy the OEM parts but the adventure rig definitely needs it if we want to keep exploring and berating her this season with lots of love and trails. IMG_1611.jpeg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
What else would you recommend. I haven't bought them yet but they've been on my wish list for years.
i use these and they work great. i had looked at rotopax and i saw numerous reviews complaining how they swell up heating up in the sun and don't vent, etc. i never used the rotopax, but seeing bad reviews with the high price made me just go with the regular metal nato jerry cans and they have been great so far

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
i use these and they work great. i had looked at rotopax and i saw numerous reviews complaining how they swell up heating up in the sun and don't vent, etc. i never used the rotopax, but seeing bad reviews with the high price made me just go with the regular metal nato jerry cans and they have been great so far

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well I finally pulled the trigger on a couple of items. I have no idea how the ref will perform, it is a ROvsun 54 qt frig-freezer and the reviews were good (EH). The stove I bought just to beat the price on the one @grubworm bought. na ne na ne na na ! Finally everyone needs a propane hose conversion don't they ?

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
The stove I bought just to beat the price on the one @grubworm bought. na ne na ne na na !
Nice! And I already know what youre going to buy with the money you saved...I can already hear that SPAM sizzling on that new stove :grinning:
That is a good looking fridge. My camper came with a Dometic and I think it lists for around $1000. No way I'd spend that for it, but I would be all over the one you got, especially at that price. That's a good find.

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Well I finally pulled the trigger on a couple of items. I have no idea how the ref will perform, it is a ROvsun 54 qt frig-freezer and the reviews were good (EH). The stove I bought just to beat the price on the one @grubworm bought. na ne na ne na na ! Finally everyone needs a propane hose conversion don't they ?

Nice! And I already know what youre going to buy with the money you saved...I can already hear that SPAM sizzling on that new stove :grinning:
That is a good looking fridge. My camper came with a Dometic and I think it lists for around $1000. No way I'd spend that for it, but I would be all over the one you got, especially at that price. That's a good find.
You two have me rolling 10 minutes later.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
You smelled it right, the savings will buy at least 5 cans of delicious SPAM.
Why would anyone buy MRE's when they can have SPAM. Good for eating and fishing.
It's a lot cheaper than buying fishing worms and I can eat it too !