What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Boring stuff like a clutch for the fiancé forester , darn maintenance getting in the way of fun parts :tearsofjoy:
Same here. Last month I had to buy 4 car batteries (3 of my cars and one for my son) and 1 solar battery. I had to register 3 vehicles (all mine), buy 3 window regulators w/ motors (2 for my rig and 1 for my daughter) and pay to have them installed on two different SUV's. I guess you can say I spent my wad for a couple of months on maintainence. Geezzzzz

Reactions: eagle_A40

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

Last fun thing I got was a smittybilt RTT, but the weather has been too SUCKY to put it on the wrangler. I've also got a couple of KC Hilite puck lights in blue that I plan to put underneath as snake lights (aka rock lights). That'll be fun.
But the timing chain on my xterra has set me back $2500, so no lift or tires for awhile...
Mustn't forget xmas, hmm?

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Yesterday arrived my new currie currectlink drag link. Directly ordered from the US.
Old drag link is completely done after about 25000 km. So this time I pulled out big stuff and hopefully change it the last time.
Interestingly the tie rod is in perfect condition.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
here is what I did. arb tent. m416 trailer.View attachment 131254
If I had a jeep that is what I'd do too.
It's a nice set up, especially for more than just a one night stand. Dosent look like those rocks would make a very good place to throw down a bed roll.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Just ordered some YELLOW TINT FILM, for a small set of white Aux 55 watt driving lights. This will make them more viable as a driving light/fog vs my larger 500 HELLA Yellow, not Amber grill lights. Snow or fog is rare in Southern NV, but when you need them, YOU NEED THEM.! Travels North, or to Utah is where I am most likely going to use them. My plan is to mount them either below the Hellas, or even lower around the sides of the license plate. I just have to see what 'tweak' is needed in a homemade mounting bracket to mount them lower. I wish ARB had designed this bumper with their aux light bracket kit as seen on many of their newer designs. A picture of the Hellas and OEM lights. You can see I need a lower mounting for light to blanket out in front of the truck.
View attachment 130460View attachment 130461
See my avatar for a general idea:sunglasses:

PS....I prefer Halogens, and traditional style lights, over the newer LED light bars. If you follow along in the feedback of lighting preferences, there has been a shift back towards these, as people realize the fatique that LED's create, due to eye strain, over time.

PSS.......

also:
Fyrlyt Driving Lights Review | Better Than LED's Seek Adventure (you-tube)
I have always put yellow film over my fog lights on all my recent vehicles. Def. cuts through the fog.

IMG_3550.JPG

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Looking to get these Power Stop Z36 rotor and pads installed this weekend. I know there are people that don't like cross drilled and slotted rotors. But I had them before on my 02 Chevy Avalanche and had zero issues with them for many years. The truck stopped like a car. Hoping for the same results with my heavier and lifted Silverado 2500hd.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I have always put yellow film over my fog lights on all my recent vehicles. Def. cuts through the fog.

View attachment 131457
Your picture looks like you have a short bed truck. What after-market fuel tank did you go with? I always thought the fuel tank design....OEM, left a lot to be desired, aka, 25 gallons. I did not want a long-bed, to get the larger fuel tank that GM offered. The big downside with the after-market offering, was the tank hanging below the frame rails, making them vulnerable to damage off road. This was not a problem with Hot-Shot truckers, or those who stayed on pavement.

Nice rig, did you do a BUILD on the Siverado thread? I also see that you did a mirror upgrade. My 2003 came with the telescoping trailer mirrors, which us owners have had a love/hate relationship with. A very problematic design. I have had 1 complete rebuild, and 1 motor rebuild on them. And yet I am the driver, who never adjusts them, yet, they have broken too many times, while not being abused. What brand did you go with, as Amazon offers many versions with a wide variety of satisfaction ratings.

PS: I had a 1985 F-150 with dual 20 gallon tanks (6 cyl), and I liked the ability to not have to carry aux fuel cans. A 4-speed manuel that was a DOG on the road, but awsome when the transfer case was engaged.

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Your picture looks like you have a short bed truck. What after-market fuel tank did you go with? I always thought the fuel tank design....OEM, left a lot to be desired, aka, 25 gallons. I did not want a long-bed, to get the larger fuel tank that GM offered. The big downside with the after-market offering, was the tank hanging below the frame rails, making them vulnerable to damage off road. This was not a problem with Hot-Shot truckers, or those who stayed on pavement.

Nice rig, did you do a BUILD on the Siverado thread? I also see that you did a mirror upgrade. My 2003 came with the telescoping trailer mirrors, which us owners have had a love/hate relationship with. A very problematic design. I have had 1 complete rebuild, and 1 motor rebuild on them. And yet I am the driver, who never adjusts them, yet, they have broken too many times, while not being abused. What brand did you go with, as Amazon offers many versions with a wide variety of satisfaction ratings.
Thanks, actually when I bought the truck used about 3 years ago, it already came with a 45 gallon fuel tank, which I didn't even notice until 2 years later lol. It is made by Transfer Flow - 45 Gallon GM/Chevy Midship Replacement Fuel Tank. The truck already had a towing package included because the previous owner had a 5th wheel. So mirror, electronic brake controller, etc. were already included.

My build thread is here, but got crickets as far as any questions/comments lol - 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Ext. Cab Build

I haven't done or haven't needed to do any rebuilds or anything like that. She only has 114k on it right now.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Looking to get these Power Stop Z36 rotor and pads installed this weekend. I know there are people that don't like cross drilled and slotted rotors. But I had them before on my 02 Chevy Avalanche and had zero issues with them for many years. The truck stopped like a car. Hoping for the same results with my heavier and lifted Silverado 2500hd.

I'm curious how these work out, The brakes on our '03 are medicore at best and it'd be nice to have some better ones when they go out again or at least try some better pads.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I'm curious how these work out, The brakes on our '03 are medicore at best and it'd be nice to have some better ones when they go out again or at least try some better pads.
Sure thing. I currently have Akebono pads on them now with just the Wagner solid rotors. They work very well when my truck was not lifted and without all the extra 'stuff'. I especially like how they are really dust free. But now with its current setup I can feel the extra weight and the impact on my braking power. I used Akebono on my race vehicle so I had previous experience with the brand.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Sure thing. I currently have Akebono pads on them now with just the Wagner solid rotors. They work very well when my truck was not lifted and without all the extra 'stuff'. I especially like how they are really dust free. But now with its current setup I can feel the extra weight and the impact on my braking power. I used Akebono on my race vehicle so I had previous experience with the brand.
Good stuff, I'll take a look. I run hawks on my wrangler and they're fantastic, they make a ton of dust though. The front brakes on our 03 are the weak spot currently, just did the rear pads with uh, one of the nicer ceramic chain store brands and those were a big improvement. I think when she last got pads for the front, she got the cheapest ones she could find which might just explain the meh of it.

Reactions: eagle_A40