What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

Eastern Idaho
First Name
James
Last Name
D
Glad you got the a/c fixed and out of the way, it is needed in this heat. What kind of a rig do you have and what are your plans for the interior build. Will you be sleeping in it or using a tent or other means of shelter. Post us some pictures as you go along on your build.
Lanlubber
It's a 2004 nissan frontier, crew cab with the 6ft bed. I've got a century shell on the back, but two people and a big dog make sleeping in there an exercise in claustrophobia. I may sleep in there when it's just me, but right now we just use the ground tent. I plan to build a set of side by side bed drawers where one can convert to a mountain bike slide for times I have my bike. I don't want to put a hitch mounted rack on because this truck is long enough already. I'll probably start a build thread when I get to building the drawers and some other more overland-y mods. Next step though is replacing the two front catalytic converters. That *should* be the last large maintenance/repair item before she's long road trip worthy.

MsBehavin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Adrienne
Last Name
Adamczyk
Member #

Last bought Front Runner Drawer System
Next up Dobinsons MRR long travel system
Wish list includes CBI or Exp One rear dual swing out bumper.

Reactions: roots66

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
It's a 2004 nissan frontier, crew cab with the 6ft bed. I've got a century shell on the back, but two people and a big dog make sleeping in there an exercise in claustrophobia. I may sleep in there when it's just me, but right now we just use the ground tent. I plan to build a set of side by side bed drawers where one can convert to a mountain bike slide for times I have my bike. I don't want to put a hitch mounted rack on because this truck is long enough already. I'll probably start a build thread when I get to building the drawers and some other more overland-y mods. Next step though is replacing the two front catalytic converters. That *should* be the last large maintenance/repair item before she's long road trip worthy.
How many miles does your truck have on it. I may be extra fortunate but I have never had a vehicle that needed a ball joint rebuild. But I have never had a truck with more than 140,000 miles either. I think a bed build sounds like fun with so many options. I like the set up that builds the bed storage on one side and the actual storage on the other side. In the day the bed becomes a couch or seating area and at night just flip the top over to rest on the opposite side to make a full size bed. I hope your cap is the taller type for a little more headroom. Be interesting to see what you are planning and your followup.
Lanlubber

Haminacan

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia City, Indiana
First Name
First
Last Name
Lastname
Member #

Fender flares, my tires stick out a bit and we are driving from Indiana to Maine and back next month. Most of the northeastern states seam to have fender laws.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Fender flares, my tires stick out a bit and we are driving from Indiana to Maine and back next month. Most of the northeastern states seam to have fender laws.
You think they would apply to out of state'rs? I wouldn't think so but what do I know, nothing .

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Like New England window tint laws for vehicles registered in TX.
True, I think they enforce laws of there state on cars with license plates from that state, but I could be wrong. In my state they wouldn't ticket a car from out of state for those kind of laws.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
True, I think they enforce laws of there state on cars with license plates from that state, but I could be wrong. In my state they wouldn't ticket a car from out of state for those kind of laws.
Most states don't. However, when I moved from TX to MA, I was always harassed by the cops for it even before I switched plates. I had to explain how the car came from the dealership this way and I can't remove it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Most states don't. However, when I moved from TX to MA, I was always harassed by the cops for it even before I switched plates. I had to explain how the car came from the dealership this way and I can't remove it.
Wasn't long ago I had this same discussion with a member that was getting harassed because of hit tire size.
The cop was being a real Butt Head with him. He has already registered in the new state and had a vehicle inspection and passed but the cop told him if he saw him driving it again his ass was mud.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Wasn't long ago I had this same discussion with a member that was getting harassed because of hit tire size.
The cop was being a real Butt Head with him. He has already registered in the new state and had a vehicle inspection and passed but the cop told him if he saw him driving it again his ass was mud.
That's the problem. A few cops think they write the laws, not enforce them. Gives the majority of police, who are awesome people, a bad rep.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That's the problem. A few cops think they write the laws, not enforce them. Gives the majority of police, who are awesome people, a bad rep.
If I remember he said the cop told him his truck was to high. I told him he should air down. :sunglasses: