What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

The last thing purchased is a Southern Style Off-road rear bumper with tire carrier and ladder, and a fifth TRD rim for my spare. Next purchase is a new set of tires when the bumper gets here. I am learning that the building process is a mosaic, and you have to have the end picture in mind while you build each piece. Much like overlanding itself, the fun is in the process as much as appreciating the outcome.

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Just received my set of LITEWAY boards. No bag or tethers, but plenty strong enough. $45 and free shipping from ebay. At that price, they are almost disposable.

View attachment 108488
View attachment 108489
They look identical, same everything...mounting hole points, and Army olive green, and design. Your so right, at these prices (sub-$100.00), they can be seen as disposable if they fail, not that we expect them to.. Just one use, and you have saved yourself a big tow/extraction bill and easily paid for themselves 3x over. Nice find on them, and the TRED, fancy padded leaches are about $18.00 a set, if your so inclined.

EDIT:
I went and looked up your purchase (E-Bay). I still think I got a good/great deal. You however, did fantastic, and I would encourage anybody thinking of a set, to do so soon, while these companies are putting them out at this sale price.. I got a 1 year warranty, yours came with a 5 year. The material manufacturing process description sounds the same. Hopefully we never have to test that.

Again,..........GOOD SCORE!

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
They look identical, same everything...mounting hole points, and Army olive green, and design. Your so right, at these prices (sub-$100.00), they can be seen as disposable if they fail, not that we expect them to.. Just one use, and you have saved yourself a big tow/extraction bill and easily paid for themselves 3x over. Nice find on them, and the TRED, fancy padded leaches are about $18.00 a set, if your so inclined.

EDIT:
I went and looked up your purchase (E-Bay). I still think I got a good/great deal. You however, did fantastic, and I would encourage anybody thinking of a set, to do so soon, while these companies are putting them out at this sale price.. I got a 1 year warranty, yours came with a 5 year. The material manufacturing process description sounds the same. Hopefully we never have to test that.

Again,..........GOOD SCORE!
Thanks. I went looking for the ones you got and saw this come up, so couldn't ignore the deal. I agree that people on a budget who are thinking about getting a set should certainly look into these. Mine shipped from California to Texas in less than a week from purchase.

J.W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Cincinnati
First Name
J
Last Name
W
Member #

I picked up a set of those orange LED roadside flare/beacons that are all over the interwebz. Supposedly they float... I’m not sure why that is important for roadside assistance, but I CANNOT WAIT to test this feature.

537FDFBA-9AB2-44C8-8656-8C61560AEE08.jpeg

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

I picked up a set of those orange LED roadside flare/beacons that are all over the interwebz. Supposedly they float... I’m not sure why that is important for roadside assistance, but I CANNOT WAIT to test this feature.

View attachment 108852
They work really well for alot more than as a roadside breakdown warning you can use them when towing or when hauling oversize load

Reactions: J.W.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Here is my brand new, bought 7 years ago, new and finally got it working today, Portable/ On board, air compressor system! Bought the ARB Twin Air Compressor to go in one of my many Jeep projects, way back. Then I thought I should have it in my Dodge Cummins 4x4 truck, then my diesel Cherokee Jeep. Now, I am running a 4Runner too. Could never decide and follow through with the install in any of my vehicles! So, came up with the idea to make my air compressor portable, and use it in all my vehicles. Yes, ARB makes a completely portable version. Yes, I could have bought the right factory wiring harness. But that makes too much sense! Besides, spending more money, to build my own system, than just buying it would not be as fun. So, today it is finally working!! And for the couple of weeks trying to make it run, I missed a little Red wire with a Yellow strip on it. The directions said this wire goes to the ignition. I thought so the switch would light up right? Well, I was stumped trying to get the compressor to run. After many try’s and checking everything had juice, I put the Red/Yellow wire to power and my compressor started working! Okay, you can laugh at me! And laugh at the working setup, that’s okay too. It works! Vance.
98ED533B-241D-42BF-BBA8-D747DBC8523B.jpeg178B6C91-05D8-4B1A-9098-DD5489354512.jpeg