What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
View attachment 104549
Axle Riser Kit - Single Square Torsion Axle - 3-1/2" Lift ...
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Lippert-Components/LC382741.html
Lift Kit Needed for Lippert 7K Torsion Axle; We do have a lift kit for your Lippert 7K torsion axle but the Dexter Torflex Lift Kits like part # K71-725-02 are designed to fit specific Dexter torsion axles. For example, the above mentioned kit will only fit a #12 Torflex axle that has a 5,500 - …
  • Brand: Lippert Components
  • Category: Accessories And Parts
  • Price: $76.95
Check around, there are numerous options......good luck...................E-Trailer is one company that might have the answers you need.
Thank you, I will check further especially for the lift. The hitch set up with twisting action should br really good for really bad roads.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Equipment is not for my rig, but very impressive for the asking price. Just doing a mental arithmetic cost analysis, that is a great buy for someone who could afford to outfit all at one time.

You never buy with the hope of cost recovery, but for personal satisfaction. Hope all parties reach a happy medium between.....buyer and seller.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I still can post photos and nobody contacted me!
I’m ready to rip the badge off?
I'll contact them again. I'm really dory your having this problem. It would bother me too, but they have always responded to me when I contact them. I still have their email in my files so I will do it now. Lanlubber Jim

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Give it time to be resolved. Brien is good on fixing issues(west coast-USA). Many of us recently had a big issue with some software issues due to new updates where we had had no problems before. Give Lanlubber a chance to pass the problem up the chain. It is possible another regional administrator will chime in. This is one of the best forums out there and doesn't suffer the BS other forums get bogged down with. A very Family orientated place !

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Give it time to be resolved. Brien is good on fixing issues(west coast-USA). Many of us recently had a big issue with some software issues due to new updates where we had had no problems before. Give Lanlubber a chance to pass the problem up the chain. It is possible another regional administrator will chime in. This is one of the best forums out there and doesn't suffer the BS other forums get bogged down with. A very Family orientated place !
Yes Desert Runner, I sent another letter to Amanda tonight, she contacted me several days ago 9June 16th) and said she had resolved the issue and sent a letter of apology to him. He didn't receive anything yet. That was on the 15th of June. Issue should have been resolved by now unless someone dropped the ball somewhere.

Reactions: TOMITOMATO

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
TOMITOMATO, FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR COMMENTS AND ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY. We members are here and still want to hear from you about what your doing or what your working on etc. I don't have a lot to tell people but I still get involved with as many conversations as I can. A lot of questions come up and I can sometime answer them and sometime I just listen in to the conversations and ask questions myself since there is so much to learn from this group. I almost have my solar questions answered now and about ready to try out my new 100w Harbor Freight unit and my pair of $79 wall-Mart marine batteries. So go ahead and join in on the conversations on any or all the various Threads that interest you. We are all here to help in any way that we can, that's what OB is really about. Lanlubber Jim

Reactions: TOMITOMATO

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

Truck is in shop now getting new wheels. Existing wheels didnt have enough offset to keep from rubbing with the 40 inch tires. Next purchase is onboard air with 100 percent duty cycle as i have discovered two electric air compressors cant keep up.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Truck is in shop now getting new wheels. Existing wheels didnt have enough offset to keep from rubbing with the 40 inch tires. Next purchase is onboard air with 100 percent duty cycle as i have discovered two electric air compressors cant keep up.
So you need wheels with more inside offset or more outside offset ? Im curious because I have a set of wheels with fairly deep inside offset yet they still touch my fenders when turning. Would spacers solve that problem by moving the tire outward ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
View attachment 104549
Axle Riser Kit - Single Square Torsion Axle - 3-1/2" Lift ...
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Lippert-Components/LC382741.html
Lift Kit Needed for Lippert 7K Torsion Axle; We do have a lift kit for your Lippert 7K torsion axle but the Dexter Torflex Lift Kits like part # K71-725-02 are designed to fit specific Dexter torsion axles. For example, the above mentioned kit will only fit a #12 Torflex axle that has a 5,500 - …
  • Brand: Lippert Components
  • Category: Accessories And Parts
  • Price: $76.95
Check around, there are numerous options......good luck...................E-Trailer is one company that might have the answers you need.
I did check and found they have a kit for single axle trailers that cost only $90 if I have the right axle. Now all I have to do is find out if I have the right axle.

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

So you need wheels with more inside offset or more outside offset ? Im curious because I have a set of wheels with fairly deep inside offset yet they still touch my fenders when turning. Would spacers solve that problem by moving the tire outward ?
I am needing to push the wheels out. You can use spacers but need to be VERY careful to have high quality one specific to your vehicle.
7 grand it cost me to find out I used the wrong off road shop. For myself it is cheaper to have the right wheel. 20190412_120334.jpg

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I am needing to push the wheels out. You can use spacers but need to be VERY careful to have high quality one specific to your vehicle.
7 grand it cost me to find out I used the wrong off road shop. For myself it is cheaper to have the right wheel. View attachment 104741
HOLY Cr*P,..........10 studs sheared. Fractured by over tightening? A while back Ford had issues on their F-450/550 10 stud hubs with brittle metal. That is the only time I have heard of a OEM defect vs Operator/Installer screw-up That must have been a E-ticket ride. Hope that was only a slide to a stop, and not more. Whew.......the stuff of nightmares!

Last edited:
Reactions: ckkphoto

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

HOLY Cr*P,..........8 studs sheared. Fractured by over tightening? A while back Ford had issues on their F-450/550 10 stud hubs with brittle metal. That is the only time I have heard of a OEM defect vs Operator/Installer screw-up That must have been a E-ticket ride. Hope that was only a slide to a stop, and not more. Whew.......the stuff of nightmares!
The issue is that the f250 has a HUBcentric wheel that rests on the hub to bear the weight. When i lifted and bought wheels the place put on LUGcentric spacers which put all the front end weight on the lugs.i didn't know the difference at the time but also didn't know they were there. Destroyed my front end because i was doing 65 when the wheel came off the truck. Glad it didn't happen in the forest or on an outside curve in the mountains. And no one but my underwear my wallet and my wifes patience were casualties. And my relationship with that particular shop!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
7 grand it cost me to find out I used the wrong off road shop. For myself it is cheaper to have the right wheel. View attachment 104741
I cant recall ever seeing studs stripped off a 3/4 ton wheel like that. I raced roundy round dirt track for years and even with all the wheel banging that goes on there I never saw stripped studs. I bought new wheels specific for my dodge and they fit fine with plenty of room every where until the wheel hits the 45 degree turning point. Then the inside edge touches the front fender just before the tire clears the finder edge. I was going to install longer front shackles but your problem made me thing that maybe all I need are spacers. I would never buy anything but the best for off road equipment.

Reactions: ckkphoto

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
The issue is that the f250 has a HUBcentric wheel that rests on the hub to bear the weight. When i lifted and bought wheels the place put on LUGcentric spacers which put all the front end weight on the lugs.i didn't know the difference at the time but also didn't know they were there. Destroyed my front end because i was doing 65 when the wheel came off the truck. Glad it didn't happen in the forest or on an outside curve in the mountains. And no one but my underwear my wallet and my wifes patience were casualties. And my relationship with that particular shop!
Uh yes. That is something us driver's never or rarely give a thought. We leave it to the expert/professionals to be knowledgeable on OEM design requirements. I would hope that shop went to the plate for you. Sounds like $$$$. A cheap cost to pay for the repair, to them, vs a large lawsuit for damages and medical if that had been an added equation. You really did get lucky, all things considered.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
This is a good thread that should let everyone know about hubcentric versus lugcentric wheels . Steel wheels are usually hubcentric because of the wheel thickness. Magnesium
Wheels are thick , require longer studs, and a lugcentric nut. When I put 2005 dodge wheels on my 84 dodge everyone ssid they were not made for my truck. The reason being the 2005 wheels use 9/16" studs for lugcentric use with mag wheels. When I put the on my 84 dodge it only had 1/2" studs, but the wheels became hubcentric at that point and I had to use a standard lug nut to hold them in place. In case some don't know, a lugcentric nut is a very snug fit on the wheel hole and is why the weight of the vehicle is carried on the lug nuts instead of the hubcentric wheel which has a snug fit on the wheel hub.

Reactions: Desert Runner

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Last thing I bought was headliners for my Jeep. Next purchase may be a phone mount.

CJ545

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

New York
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Potter
Member #

Last purchase was a short awning for over the tailgate area of the jeep. I keep eye balling the dometic 75 series fridge, dreaming of this bad boy.