What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

SSG ALLHANDS

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley falls,ny
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tanner
Member #

Service Branch
Navy/ army 26yrs
Did some pre maintenance to day. Plugs, and all belts on engine, tires few days ago, and inner and outer tierods, getting my beast ready for summer, and planning on putting on a fab bumper with winch.20190315_181459.jpg

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I bought a MSR 750mL SS pot yesterday to go in the mess kit.

I'm collecting the parts to rebuild the steering on my GMC K2500. It's got about 300K miles on it and is over due for some steering TLC. Since I'm trying to sell and replace the Xterra, there's no reason to do much to it and that means that the K2500 will probably be handling our road trips this summer so I'm going to do a few things to it.
TerryD,
if you sell the Xterra, what vehicle are you going to replace it with? Vance.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
TerryD,
if you sell the Xterra, what vehicle are you going to replace it with? Vance.

This just have been an old post, I gave up on selling it last year and started really building it.

The answer is a CJ6 though. Longer wheelbase, 4.0L/AW4/NP241OR swap it with a D44/9in combo from an Early Bronco. About 3" lift and 35s.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Bought a whole mess of stuff lately in preparation for my upcoming expedition and BC Overland Rally - parts for DIY roof rack, jerry can, Smittybilt Jerry can holder, some extendable poles for DIY awning, dock rope for my inflatable boat, another tree saver ($10 on sale!), motor mount for the boat, and a life straw.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

This just have been an old post, I gave up on selling it last year and started really building it.

The answer is a CJ6 though. Longer wheelbase, 4.0L/AW4/NP241OR swap it with a D44/9in combo from an Early Bronco. About 3" lift and 35s.
That would be sweet! Vance.

Reactions: TerryD

Hitman6

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

South Carolina
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Norwood
Member #

Slim line winch bumper and 10K winch. New wheels with the correct offset!

Next up-sliders, skid plate and coms. Thinking about the taco garage DMM for phone and tablet

So many things......man! I need that powerball!

Reactions: SSG ALLHANDS

SSG ALLHANDS

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley falls,ny
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Tanner
Member #

Service Branch
Navy/ army 26yrs
Slim line winch bumper and 10K winch. New wheels with the correct offset!

Next up-sliders, skid plate and coms. Thinking about the taco garage DMM for phone and tablet

So many things......man! I need that powerball!
Me to, so much stuff that we want to do to are rigs,

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Replace it with the 2019 4runner TRD PRO
I can't justify the kinda money those go for and for the time being I'm perfectly happy with my X. That post was old and at the time I had been looking at getting a JKUR but decided that keeping my paid for X and building it was a better idea than going $50k in debt for a Jeep and not being able to afford to mod it because of the payments.
TerryD, has a sweet Xterra! I think a lot of people would not be able to follow every place he can go with his Nissan! Vance.
I appreciate the kind words Vance! The X has come along nicely and there's still a laundry list of stuff I'd like to do. It's a great vehicle for what I'm doing with it right now but the next rig will be SFA again once I don't need the extra space for the youngins...

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Bought some rock sliders and frame brackets from JCR, today! The rock sliders are the Classic powder coated sliders. The brackets, really help your bumper stay on your Jeep XJ with a hard pull! Having the uni- body construction on the XJ you need the extra strength. This bracket also helps with the steering box and give more strength too. Vance.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

The last thing I bought for my RR was a roof rack (from Voyager Off-Road) and the next thing I want yo buy is either shovel and ax mounts or a steel front bumper with a winch.