What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Ma
I have no personal experience with Hannibal although I've heard good things in passing. That said I love my awning, have it roll out over the driver-side and it's easily one of my favorite mods for the price. I have an ARB brand, I know there are some other brands that are legless and with swingout styles available, but just thought I'd share that in general I find awnings a great mod.

It was a life save back in June, was helping my bud relocate from Montana to Arizona and he had this grand idea to purchase a 70's era RV instead of a moving van because he wanted to repurpose the motor for another vehicle back in Tucson, some big 400 cubic inch plant. It had an old school style camper awning that angled out. The thing kept vaporlocking after we got across the Hoover Dam and it took us 7-hours in the blistering sun to go about 70-miles. Without the awning we would have been in serious trouble.

Anyways, if you're considering one I'd throw my support behind it, quick and easy shelter that really helps tie camp together.
Many thanks for the comments. I also have the option of buying the Hannibal swing round (left or right side) for 40% discount.

Such a dilemma!!

Bueller

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

My last purchase was a new battery for the Jeep JKU - finally died (after only 3 years) and a new Grizzly40 Cooler for the trailer slide! Excited to use it.

Next purchase.....the list is long.............but I'm holding off on anything new..........................I NEED to see the new Wrangler JL in person! That could be the next purchase!
WHBoaeqvTk6ruR5+EPGl0Q.jpg

Reactions: Chadlyb

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

it's done!!!!! I decided to splash out in the Hannibal Side Awning and Side Screens fir it. Due to Black Friday I spent less than the original price of the Awning. Can't wait for them to turn up

Reactions: robrtsmtn

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

I'm looking at a cast iron grill / griddle to use: 1) over fire / briquette coals on the ground, 2) at home over burners, 3) with my Weber Go-Anywhere grill, 4) and with my Coleman white gas camp burner. I've only been experimenting with my cast iron pizza sheet for steak, bacon, and eggs for a short time but I'm fast becoming a fan of cast iron cooking. It's a relatively cheap investment in gear but totally changes the food quality while camping.

robrtsmtn

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aztec, NM
Member #

Not sure why all of my projects are going sideways. Rock sliders aren't matching with the pinch seam. Front bumper, cant thread a couple bolts, hi-lift jack mounts need some fillers as I thought the top rail was a 1 inch rather than the 3/4 it turned out to be. Still waiting on my son to come up and help with the snorkel, as the template doesn't match the bolt holes in the snorkel body, and haven't even attempted to install the rear lunch box locker. Normal fun with a 25 year old jeep. I'd love to consider porting and polishing the heads, but so much needs to be completed first.

furpod

Rank I

Enthusiast I

The last thing was a roof rack rail kit for the topper, bike trays and cargo tray..

Rhino Fox Wing is next up. Already working on custom brackets to fit my Yakima cross bars.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Sliders are supposed to bee here today and I just ordered a knockoff Helinox Chair One from Amazon that was a cyber Monday deal as well as some pieces for some of my Coleman lanterns. Also picking up a buddy propane heater this evening and selling some old gear.

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
Next buy is going to be a winch and bumper combo, still not sold on which bumper. The new Warn Ascent looks clean and simple and will obviously hold a Warn winch... but still not sure on it vs a few others.

Last thing I bought was tire chains for the 37s. Between those and a winch the PNW winter shouldn't hold me back within reason.

JersT4R

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Norfolk, VA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Bailey
Member #

Yesterday afternoon I bought some L brackets (for my MicTuning LED light bar), 4 turnbuckles and 4 eyelets (for my custom storage drawer system) from the local hardware store. Next I plan to buy front recovery points, and strap.

MarioM

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Woodbury, MN
Member #

I bought a new Kershaw 1660 knife to replace the one i somehow managed to lose on the trail. Next up is a different mattress for my little Intech RV trailer.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I don't think a rig is ever done. Always something new to try or update. The longer you have a rig, the more of a chance of updates it will have! I have liked the idea of traction mats, but did not want plastic mats. I was able to buy a set of Aluminum traction mats from Anchor Mtn. Just bought a hi inertia flywheel from Centerforce. 40 lbs. vs 26 lbs. should help smooth out my throttle control when Four wheeling. Benz.