What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Irving Zisman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Yucaipa, CA
Member #

Even if gouged on a rock or something?
Thats what I was told when I bought mine. I flattened 2 of my Falken Wildpeaks (sidewall damage) on a desert trip and I decided to buy a set of KO2's. They told me that if I had done the same thing with the KO2's, they would have been replaced free of charge. Its worth looking into.

If that fails, then super glue and duct tape :)

Oh and I bought my KO2's at Sams Club.

Reactions: vagabondexpedition

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Last purchase was a cross bed rail set.

Next purchase will be Bilstien 510o RHA lift shocks and rear blocks. I think... Mostly depends on what goes on sale from my wish list(s) first!
I've got Bilstein 5100 rear shocks that I'm trying to get rid of. And a Wheeler's AAL.

Thomas Kohlwey

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Charlotte, North Carolina
Member #

I just bought rigid industries D-Series led pods, a 5oinch curved single row led bar along with Db customz apillar brackets for my 2014 Fj
Next I plan on purchasing a utility roof rack/flat roof rack to get rid of the bulky stock one on the fj to make it easier to mount an rrt

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

A few of the priority items are fuel and storage on the roof rack.
Fuel: I'm leaning towards Rotopax but I'm looking for a solution which would allow me to carry / store them standing up. Ideally, I would like to carry up to 4 2-gallon Rotopax containers (2 fuel, 2 water).
Storage: I'm also looking for a storage box which can be secured (lock and key) to my roof rack. Something large enough to hold a 2-man tent, sleeping bags, and a couple of mats.

Maybe down the road, a swing-out rear bumper for more storage options. Christmas is coming up!

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Same. I just bought a jerry can and holder which I’ll mount in my swing out. Still looking for a box I like for the roof rack. Been thinking about the Plano sportsman, but still hoping to find something longer with less height at a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtn Flyer

Rank 0

Contributor I

Madison, AL, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Stedman
Member #

Service Branch
USAFR
Just got a Springtail MOLLE rack for my FJ. I wanted to add some mounted storage options, and the rack seems versatile enough for that.

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

Fuel: I'm leaning towards Rotopax but I'm looking for a solution which would allow me to carry / store them standing up. Ideally, I would like to carry up to 4 2-gallon Rotopax containers (2 fuel, 2 water).
Storage: I'm also looking for a storage box which can be secured (lock and key) to my roof rack. Something large enough to hold a 2-man tent, sleeping bags, and a couple of mats.

Maybe down the road, a swing-out rear bumper for more storage options. Christmas is coming up!
I don't think I've seen any upright rotopax mounts for a roof rack but it should be easy enough to fab using some of those rotopax swivel mounts. If you don't do it yourself I'm sure a local shop could do it relatively easily. Manufacturers do make upright mounts for your standard 5gal military can (both fuel and water) if you wanted to go that route. I mulled this over awhile too.