What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Where do I start? I bought a new (to me) 2014 Tundra 2 months ago now, and over the past week have been burning a hole in my Visa ordering "stuff' to start her transformation.
Nothing has arrived yet, but so far I've ordered:
- ADS Racing coilovers w/adj. reservoirs and rear piggyback shocks w/triple bypass'from MCM Fab.
- MCM Fab UCA's also from MCM Fab
- OME Dakar leafpack, Toytec adj. rear shackles, diff drop, carrier bearing drop, and Firestone Airbags from Toytec
- Daystar airbag cradles from Amazon
- Method Double Standard wheels w/295 70R 18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers from Discount Tire.

I never normally go gonzo spending money like this. But I've decided to build this new rig the way I want it from the get-go.
I'll start a build page here pretty quickly.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Bought twenty stainless steel footman's loops for upcoming projects and radio brackets for Mongo (below)

IMG_9752.JPG

and two handheld radio brackets for Mongo's command center. These are meant as starting points; you break the tabs out to accommodate belt clipped radios, or modify any other way needed. Not sure what color I'll paint them yet. Perhaps polka-dotted:

IMG_9737.JPG

Next purchase is still the XVenture XV-2...just waiting on answer to one question before I send pesos.

Reactions: chrispartida

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Well, I did it, made the deal for an XVenture XV-2 and have it all paid.

I worked hard for a long time and gave up a lot of things to get here, and now get to treat myself with one of the coolest, most rugged and versatile working tools I'll ever have. I fully expect to be able to pass this along to my kid, and then her kid, for everything from off-grid living to farm and building work, from heavy landscape, garden, and woods work to back country off-road camping. I am beyond thrilled.

Got a great deal on a 2017 model showroom trailer, never used, that has just about all the options I want:

Power center with dual Odyssey batts, 6-switch control center, 110 in & out, 12v out, solar in capability, etc
On Board Water (22gal in armored over axle tank) and Military Grade Plumbing to Sink and Shower Outlets.
On Board Propane System
On Board Hot Water System
Galley Table W/ Cut-Out For Sink
Commercial Faucet & Sink Basin
Propane Hot Water Heater Skid Plate
Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform Tray (62"x 99")
Rack Lift Assist System
Area Lighting Package - Base (4 rock lights, 4 cargo bay lights, 2 galley light)
Area Lighting Package - Expansion (4 rack lights)
Huge cargo bay (59W x 89L x 19H)

I'll be adding a swing-away tire carrier, hard-rolling tonneau cover, ARB compressor & hose kit, and pure-sine inverter, all from Schutt, and a BunduAwn (goes around three sides and has a pitched, aluminised top) and more, I'm sure. Installed hard folding lockable cover may be for sale, if anyone is int'd.

DR-Side_9430.JPG

Pass-Side_9938.JPG

PowerCtr_9941.JPG

TonneauCover_9946.JPG

Last edited:

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I just had a splurge as the wife is in a good mood and said she would let me buy something....... yippee!!!!

I have therefore just paid for a Lazer Lamp Triple R28 light bar with all fixings and Wiring kit (see below)

View attachment 29835
View attachment 29836
View attachment 29837

Secondly I decided to upgrade the HUGE Land Rover Steering wheel and go for something a bit more user friendly.

View attachment 29838

I can't wait until they all arrive now

IMG_20170808_082444_553.jpg
HERE'S THE LIGHT BAR FITTED. I'll get better pictures soon.

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

Wasn't planning on jumping on the bandwagon this soon but an upcoming trip necessitates it. I'm now drinking the Rotopax cool-aid. Only have a 2-gal gas container so far but will have to pick up a few more when the local shop have them back n stock the next day or so.

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I am slowly putting it together. I bought a set of ratcheting wrenches and a socket set that is universal size fit (each bit fits a couple sizes, metric and standard) . They aren't the best, but will work for the trail. The socket wrench is a zero degree or something, which is pretty slick, it doesn't click like a regular wrench and you can get it into tight spaces and still make progress.

This pack has plenty more room in it and several pockets I haven't touched yet. I like that I can just roll my big torque wrench into it or whatever else.

I know I'm in the UK but where did you get the tool roll from? I like the look of it and tempted to get one myself if I could.

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Lepik

Rank II

Advocate II

Colorado
I'm on 16 week backorder for my Gobi Rack and Ladder. So I bought that and need to wait till that is done before I get anything else.... but that is ok. Gives me time to travel and see where I wanna spend the next dollar

Reactions: Road

Camp_Llama

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lamar
Member #

Recently threw on a set of 33 inch BFGs under my F-150 Supercrew. I bought the truck about five years ago and finally got around to lifting it during the last year. I had always had Tacomas before this truck, but I wanted to try out a full-size truck. I don't know how far I'll take the off-road build of this truck, before I step back into a Yota but I'm exploring winch options.
IMG_3124.JPG