What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I just sent the money to pickup a full set of factory Nissan all weather (read rubber) floor mats for the Xterra. I like the factory carpet ones I have but these will be much better for sand and mud!

Marty

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phippsburg, Maine
Member #

Bought: JetBoil Flash Java kit, plus cooking accessories

Looking to buy: quality propane fire pit. Too many campfire restrictions in place already. Frustrating and sad.
Can you use upside down metal trash can lid and charcoal briquettes?

No Bananas

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

WranglerScout

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hanford, CA
Member #

Just purchased AND INSTALLED the new Drake Hood clamps on my JKU... Super nice looking, super well built, and "hood flutter" is GONE !!!

Next mod (upgrade) will most likely be window rain guards, or cowl armor...

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

It's been an expensive month, but I am on several weeks of trips soon and am pretty excited to be geared up.

50qt ARB fridge fits perfectly where my 2nd row middle seat went, Used some brackets where the seat bolts are for the tie downs.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

It's been an expensive month, but I am on several weeks of trips soon and am pretty excited to be geared up.

50qt ARB fridge fits perfectly where my 2nd row middle seat went, Used some brackets where the seat bolts are for the tie downs.

You love makin me drool dontcha?! Lol! Coming along man! All your other goodies ever arrive?!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

You love makin me drool dontcha?! Lol! Coming along man! All your other goodies ever arrive?!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Rear bumper and the other skids are built and going to the metalizer place now, should be here (shipped directly to my powder coater) on the 2nd or 3rd. Need to have all of it installed and ready by the 11th for the OB midwest meet (a 7 hour drive each way!)

I already had the wiring and tie down points ready for the fridge for the last year or so, just needed to pull the trigger on the fridge. ARB has a deal this month for a free transit bag for the fridge, so that will get here in 8 weeks.

We have an awesome 4x4 shop in Dubuque, Iowa called "Complete Offroad". They are an ARB dealer, I bought the fridge there. The first project of 2018 will be the ARB front summit bull bar, xeon platinum wireless winch and arb intensity 8" led lights, etc. that will be the bulk of the projects other than the 100w solar setup (and acting wind faring for the roof top cases)

Then just more trips! Starting in a week I have about 5 weeks in a row of trips with some work mixed in between. Would be really fun to go on a long trip and just work on the road (I am telecommuter anyway)... heck I could travel between our offices . (Ames IA, Denver, Boulder, Bozeman MT, even Scottsdale AZ)

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

Mike W

Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Well, today I have to add to this thread again and it sucks. Front brakes are due, so that is all ordered, but I may have a bad hub bearing also. I get some kind of squeak and ticking when I turn tight. That or a CV /half shaft.

So this week, front brake sensors, rotors, pads, hub bearings (53k on the rig, original front brakes and bearings, not bad for a 6.5k+ lbs LR4).

Let's hope that solves it and its not CV's.

Reactions: Pitts02