• HTML tutorial

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

It's have to mortgage the house for the tickets. My wife has a '13 Malibu LT2 and I'm surprised she hasn't gotten any in it yet. Her previous vehicles were a '01 Grand Cherokee (tried to push over a tree with it) and a '99 Suburban that I basically rebuilt then sold in frustration.
hey the 01 grands are awesome rigs!!! that's what I drive lol
it was hers but we had another kid and we need something that was a little more reliable then the jeep that had 167k at the time lol

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
hey the 01 grands are awesome rigs!!! that's what I drive lol
it was hers but we had another kid and we need something that was a little more reliable then the jeep that had 167k at the time lol
We loved it and it took the hit and kept us all safe, but we'd just put $1700 in the transmission two weeks before the crash and found out we were having our third kid the week after. That's when the Suburban came in.

Reactions: timberwolf_120

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

We loved it and it took the hit and kept us all safe, but we'd just put $1700 in the transmission two weeks before the crash and found out we were having our third kid the week after. That's when the Suburban came in.
oh I misread that lol well im glad it kept yall safe. makes me feel better about mine and mine has steel bumpers front and rear.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
oh I misread that lol well im glad it kept yall safe. makes me feel better about mine and mine has steel bumpers front and rear.
It was actually a side hit, came out of the road sideways on ice and hit drivers side rear wheel right into a 30" oak, broke the top joint off the back axle and crushed the side. I've got pictures somewhere...

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

2006 Mustang GT
Our 2013 CTS V haha… I had to remove the Borla exhaust because it was too loud for her. It has an intake, headers, upper + lower pulley, heat exchanger, injectors and a very good tune. She has no idea what it's capable of. Last dyno was 665…one horespower from the beast.

Lol that is crazy HP can't imagine my wife with that much. Since buying her 2006 Mustang GT I can't pry the keys away from her. I created a monster!

Full bolt ons. Xcal3 handheld tuner with Bama Tune for 91 octane, Steeda pulley, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing GTA axle back exhaust with FRPP xpipe, Hurst short throw shifter, Ford Racing FR3 handling pack, on FRPP 2015 19x9 rims on Pirreli PZero 255/49/19. Dynoed 289rwhp/307rwtq - I can't see her having anymore! She does keep telling me she wants the FRPP BOS324ci stoker treatment like my Marauder plus a Whipple 2.9L blower 600+ over kill...May keep NA and just do the Ford Racing 5.3 short block heads/Ford racing TB and FRPP intake should be around 400+ rwhp NA...

Last edited:

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

2006 Mustang GT

Lol that is crazy HP can't imagine my wife with that much. Since buying her 2006 Mustang GT I can't pry the keys away from her. I created a monster!

Full bolt ons. Xcal3 handheld tuner with Bama Tune for 91 octane, Steeda pulley, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing GTA axle back exhaust with FRPP xpipe, Hurst short throw shifter, Ford Racing FR3 handling pack, on FRPP 2015 19x9 rims on Pirreli PZero 255/49/19. Dynoed 289rwhp/307rwtq - I can't see her having anymore! She does keep telling me she wants the FRPP BOS324ci stoker treatment like my Marauder plus a Whipple 2.9L blower 600+ over kill...May keep NA and just do the Ford Racing 5.3 short block heads/Ford racing TB and FRPP intake should be around 400+ rwhp NA...
Sounds nice! Of course you can't pry the keys from her haha :)

Marauder you say? *Homer Simpson drool…* I've always wanted one of those.

My older brother is a mustang guy, he's an engineer at Ford, has been for like 30 years. Now he heads up part of the Special Vehicle Teams division and works primarily on Raptor and Mustang braking systems. He has a Mustang GT he bought brand new in 1989 that is set up strictly for track racing. I love that car so much.

My never ending project, that my wife absolutely refuses to be seen in because apparently it looks like a cardboard box is a 1993 GMC Typhoon. Just a few mods to make it run better…intake, exhaust, upgraded turbo + intercooler and almost all of the wiring has been replaced because for some reason GM used to use coated wires that are insanely delicious to squirrels. To be perfecty honest, it's on a flatbed being driven home 50% of the time LOL. Still love it though.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

My older brother is a mustang guy, he's an engineer at Ford, has been for like 30 years. Now he heads up part of the Special Vehicle Teams division and works primarily on Raptor and Mustang braking systems. He has a Mustang GT he bought brand new in 1989 that is set up strictly for track racing. I love that car so much.

My never ending project, that my wife absolutely refuses to be seen in because apparently it looks like a cardboard box is a 1993 GMC Typhoon. Just a few mods to make it run better…intake, exhaust, upgraded turbo + intercooler and almost all of the wiring has been replaced because for some reason GM used to use coated wires that are insanely delicious to squirrels. To be perfecty honest, it's on a flatbed being driven home 50% of the time LOL. Still love it though.

now that is a badass rig!!! id like my second...rather third rig id like own is a dodge ram srt10 (second vehicle is a 91 firebird, wife refuses to drive in it lol)

Reactions: ASNOBODY

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

Lol I love those AWD and a 4.3L turbo equates to sleeper. I had a 85 s-15 Jimmy same body style but so under powered at that time and when the Syclone and Typhon came out I wanted to ditch my Jimmy for the typhoon but was too much coin! Yeah it's a love hate relationship for me as well. I've put so much into it I'll never want to sell lol.

Anders0nic

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member
Supporter

Pathfinder I

Benicia, CA
First Name
Anderson
Last Name
Carlisle
Member #

My wife drives the 2016 GX460. Its the "comfy" truck. I call it the Prado and she smirks at me.

jhewitt03

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

29 palms CA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hewitt
My wife's rig on the left, mine on the right.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Hello my names john and I recently bought a 96 disco I'm starting to build but I know these things can be tricky what should I look for or maybe just upgrade or replace right off the bat

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: mase001

smlts176

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hello my names john and I recently bought a 96 disco I'm starting to build but I know these things can be tricky what should I look for or maybe just upgrade or replace right off the bat

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Make sure the heads aren't blown yet, fix your oil leaks and make sure your cooling system is freash (water pump, thrlermostat) the cooling system is the biggest killer, by the time your gauge says you are overheating it is too late. Same with the oil light. Keep fluids changed regular and they will last along time. I have over 200k miles on my 99 and 01 discovery, still daily drivers.

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app