What does your significant other drive?

• HTML tutorial

CJ Adventure Oregon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Coos Bay, Oregon
Member #

We love our vehicles. We have our Jeep Rubicon that we use primarily during the summer and of course on our adventures, then a Dodge diesel truck that we don’t use too often but it’s our primary family adventure vehicle.......
We have a BUICK Enclave as our family car (she drives) and then an Infiniti as another daily driver (I drive). Love them both!

-Cory & Julie

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
My wife currently has a 2013 Malibu LT. It will haul all 5 of us on trips and still get 30mpg. It's a very nice car. After she gets out of school, we've talked about getting her a small SUV/Crossover of some sort to drive to work since she'll probably have a good commute to get to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Johnboy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Not really... It is Ford specific for the most part. I put plows on half ton trucks all day long. Meyer even has a SV7.5 (7.5ft V-plow) for half ton trucks. The only trucks I have encountered that i could not put one on was a Dakota/Durango of a certain year and the F150's (Newer F150's anyways)
With the ecoboost on the F150 you have the intercooler for the turbos and I am pretty thats why you cannot install it. It would interfere with the air intake.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
She has been driving a Mini Cooper Clubman for the last five years and loves it. It is a lot of fun to drive due of the power to weight ratio and the handling. The only downside is the road noise makes it difficult to hold a conversation. It gets great gas mileage.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
She has been driving a Mini Cooper Clubman for the last five years and loves it. It is a lot of fun to drive due of the power to weight ratio and the handling. The only downside is the road noise makes it difficult to hold a conversation. It gets great gas mileage.
Had to look up what a Mini Cooper Clubman car is. It looks cool.. I like the double cargo door.

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
Had to look up what a Mini Cooper Clubman car is. It looks cool.. I like the double cargo door.
The double doors is one one the reasons she likes it so much. She does not have to lift cargo over the edge of the door sill to get it in or out. She just slides the stuff in. The only drawback is the double door frame blocks some of the rear visibility. That is easy to get use to though.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

My wife has a 2012 Ford Escape we bought new. We went with the 2.5L I-4 for gas mileage. We get around 30 mpg highway with it and 26 mpg or so in daily conditions. For my wife, the automatic traction system is great. It gives her the traction when she needs it without having to know when to shift in or out of 4wd. I don't want it on my rig, but I love it for her. The only unexpected repair was the thermal resistor for the blower motor. It was $20 and took 10 minutes. It has been great, and is a pretty capable rig. It's FWD with a a viscous coupling to the rear axle that's capable of a 50/50 torque split. We've pulled the ATVs with it and done some beach driving.