What does your significant other drive?

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I'm not trying to argue, this is just my career and what I do every day. The owners manual may say that, if it was not equipped with a "snow plow prep package" from the factory. But, a prep package means HD alternator and other misc stuff that doesn't really do anything.

Untitled.png

Reactions: timberwolf_120

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I'm not trying to argue, this is just my career and what I do every day. The owners manual may say that, if it was not equipped with a "snow plow prep package" from the factory. But, a prep package means HD alternator and other misc stuff that doesn't really do anything.

View attachment 1697
Ahh okay that would make sensce I guess being from Southern California I've never seen said truck lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Ahh okay that would make sensce I guess being from Southern California I've never seen said truck lol

Another thing to keep in mind and is probably why the manufacturer put that in there is these 2 reasons: #1 to cover their ass in the case you do the second which is also the 2nd reason: People wanna put a huge 8ft plow on a 1/2 ton truck....that plow will DESTROY the frame...it is meant for 3/4+ trucks. As long as you put the right sized plow on a 1/2 truck it is perfectly fine, mainly nothing wider than 7.5ft at most and that is a stretch IMO. I like 6.8ft plows for the 1/2 tons.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel.

We have draft horses and a horse and carriage business.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ AWD. It's the mommy mobile. Slightly cooler than a mini van, it's loaded, seats 7, holds our kids, dogs and camping gear when we go car camping and don't need the capability of the jeep. Also it gets way better fuel mileage.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

She was running a 97 528I . A marvelous car. And if I could of figured out how to smog it, a LS swap would have happened unfortunately it didn't make past 225 miles.
So I gave her my Charger.FB_IMG_1453872815086.jpg

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Love those chargers!! I drove an srt8 and it blew me away. Had the salesman praying in the back seat lol

Reactions: stoney126

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

My wife drives a 2010 Jetta TDI. And yes... I have been watching the news... And I still love the car.

Reactions: stoney126

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
2009 Traverse. She found it for a great deal and worked the sale herself to get away from the 2005 Grand Caravan she had previous. It is loaded and has proven to be a nice solid vehicle. She done good...

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Niner Domestic drives a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0 Turbo

Cappy "410 Expedition" [emoji1063]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hendo

Rank 0

Traveler I

Mrs Hendo drives a 2009 Land Cruiser VDJ200 V8 diesel. Over the weekend, after spending three hours trying to clear a blocked a/c drain on it, I suggested it might be a good idea to sell it and replace it with something easier to repair, like a second 80 series Land Cruiser. But it turns out I was wrong.....
P4180177.JPG

ASNOBODY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Detroit, Michigan
Member #

Our 2013 CTS V haha… I had to remove the Borla exhaust because it was too loud for her. It has an intake, headers, upper + lower pulley, heat exchanger, injectors and a very good tune. She has no idea what it's capable of. Last dyno was 665…one horespower from the beast.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Our 2013 CTS V haha… I had to remove the Borla exhaust because it was too loud for her. It has an intake, headers, upper + lower pulley, heat exchanger, injectors and a very good tune. She has no idea what it's capable of. Last dyno was 665…one horespower from the beast.

damn!!! id never trust my wife with that many horses lol

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
She drives like an old lady :)
I'd have to mortgage the house for the tickets. My wife has a '13 Malibu LT2 and I'm surprised she hasn't gotten any in it yet. Her previous vehicles were a '01 Grand Cherokee (tried to push over a tree with it) and a '99 Suburban that I basically rebuilt then sold in frustration.