What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

Worked on some electrical stuff. I took out the glove box and mounted a power distribution panel there. This will be for all the stuff that runs off the 2nd battery. I also added a small fuse panel under the hood for any stuff I add that might run off the main battery. None of the original electrical system will be used for stuff other than factory equipment....i know it sounds complicated...but I love doing electrical work.
Do you have any pics? I just finished up a dual battery. Mounted an aux. Fuse Box behind the glove box.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Glenn and 9Mike2

hopdup

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Aliquippa
Member #

In the middle of dual battery setup and running wire. Anyone have battery suggestions for auxiliary battery. Leaning towards a yellow top but have heard bad things lately.

I run a Toyota True Start Battery as my aux battery. They are remanufactured by Interstate. They Main battery is from Napa. It came with the truck when I bought it. When it fails, I'm gonna put another true start battery in it's place.

Reactions: XFZJ80X and caleath

macr88

Rank VI
Launch Member

Protector II

Emmett, ID, USA
First Name
Mac
Last Name
Raslan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TLH or GMRS WRBM678
Service Branch
Sweet District II
Changed the fuel filter in preparation for my upcoming death valley trip.
Never done one before but it seemed like it was nastier than it should have been.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Swapped the truck bumper light covers for amber. Excuse the challenging lighting of the pics this morning. Can't wait for the night, or tomorrow's early AM commute. :)

Better daylight pics:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MS_Disco

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Madison, MS
Member #

First round of updates complete. It's been a busy week!

Removed Running Boards
Removed Rear Mudflaps
Removed Door Molding

Added Front Light Guards
Added Bug Deflector (undecided)
Added Ceramic Tint 20% Front, 80% Rear

Linex'd Light Guards Front & Rear, A Bar, Ladder

Updated 18" Compomotive Wheels
Updated LT 275/65 R18 Duratracs
Updated LR Pedal Covers
Updated Rear Badge to Black LR Oval
Updated 2014+ Taillights
Updated Black Lugnuts
Updated Black LR Center Caps

Maintenance:
- Rear Bushings
- Tie Rods
- Water Pump
- Alignment
Looks good! How do those 275s fit? I'm thinking about bumping my 265s up a bit.

OB#3799

Reactions: The_Just

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

I hope your engine block is ok, that does look a lot of rust in your coolant. It may be worth removal all your hoses and flush everything out with clean water before putting them back and refilling with good quality antifreeze.

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

AndyHernandez1

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Moreno Valley CA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

I hope your engine block is ok, that does look a lot of rust in your coolant. It may be worth removal all your hoses and flush everything out with clean water before putting them back and refilling with good quality antifreeze.
It doesn't overheat at all. In fact the thermostat was a fail safe so it stayed open and ran too cool. I ran a coolant flush and followed the instructions to a T. It's my daily driver so I'll notice if something starts to go south [emoji1417]

Andy's IPhone

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

It doesn't overheat at all. In fact the thermostat was a fail safe so it stayed open and ran too cool. I ran a coolant flush and followed the instructions to a T. It's my daily driver so I'll notice if something starts to go south [emoji1417]

Andy's IPhone
You may have just drained it before the point of a big bill. Watch for an oily film in your fresh coolant it may suggest a head gasket has gone. Something I always fear with mine as LR TD5's do have that problem at high mileage, mine has done 170,000 miles. I can't afford another big bill, I just spent £7000 having a new galvanised chassis and all the pretty coloured bits fitted to my Defender.

Reactions: AndyHernandez1