What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Cameron DelGuidice

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maple Ridge BC
Member #

Ran wire for about 50% of my light pods so far for "ditch lights" side facing, and rear facing led pods on my Lietner Rack. Just did a few hours cruising the web looking for install/wiring methods for off-road lighting on my new "Fenix 4200 mini police switch console" tried to save a few bucks rather than spending $800 on a Spod that fits the new tacos

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

IMG_0810.JPG IMG_0811.JPG IMG_0817.JPG IMG_0820.JPG Since we are getting a full size spare and its going on the roof till i can find a bumper with a tire swing that fits the truck. I figured the spare down below is not needed nor is the pulley. Tried to take the two skids off but stripped a bolt so eff it. Shaved off probly a good 50 lbs.

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Installed the ARB Skid Plates today!

Overall I like them for the money and for my intended use. They are definitely not rock crawl approved but that's not my intent so I'm happy with them. I feel they give a good amount of coverage and protection for the money!

XFZJ80X

Rank 0

Traveler I

So today the front roofrack went up, still waiting for the short roof adapter (coming tomorrow). Tuff Stuff RTT with annex secured and assembled. (Zipper training)
View attachment 17967 View attachment 17968 View attachment 17969 View attachment 17970 View attachment 17971 View attachment 17972 View attachment 17973 View attachment 17974
Tomorrow roof basket on the cab and Tuff Stuff awning off the drivers side.
Anyone have experince with add a leaf know if ill need new longer shocks for my 2" add a leaf to work? The bushings on mine look pretty shot as well.
Wouldn't see why you'd need new shocks unless they are worn. What shocks are on it? I had 2" add a leaf on 06 Tacoma but had bilstein 5100s in rear.

Reactions: BackWoods

XFZJ80X

Rank 0

Traveler I

In the middle of dual battery setup and running wire. Anyone have battery suggestions for auxiliary battery. Leaning towards a yellow top but have heard bad things lately.

caleath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Worked on some electrical stuff. I took out the glove box and mounted a power distribution panel there. This will be for all the stuff that runs off the 2nd battery. I also added a small fuse panel under the hood for any stuff I add that might run off the main battery. None of the original electrical system will be used for stuff other than factory equipment....i know it sounds complicated...but I love doing electrical work.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

In the middle of dual battery setup and running wire. Anyone have battery suggestions for auxiliary battery. Leaning towards a yellow top but have heard bad things lately.

I have dual Deka AGM Intimidators. (9A34R's) Haven't had any issues at all with them, the starting one cranks over fine in the dead of winter and the aux. one powers the fridge and other stuff like a charm. I run a TMax dual battery controller to keep them both in line.

Sent from the Mountains

XFZJ80X

Rank 0

Traveler I

Not sure what the difference is between stock and the bilsteins. The rear bilsteins are just a better shock than stock but provides no lift. Could have longer shaft. I still don't think you'd have any problem with an add a leaf.

The_Just

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Tualatin OR
Member #

First round of updates complete. It's been a busy week!

Removed Running Boards
Removed Rear Mudflaps
Removed Door Molding

Added Front Light Guards
Added Bug Deflector (undecided)
Added Ceramic Tint 20% Front, 80% Rear

Linex'd Light Guards Front & Rear, A Bar, Ladder

Updated 18" Compomotive Wheels
Updated LT 275/65 R18 Duratracs
Updated LR Pedal Covers
Updated Rear Badge to Black LR Oval
Updated 2014+ Taillights