Rank VI

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Partida
Member #

Extended the rear dif breather. Standard mod for 3rd gens. The old one still seemed to be working!

Here is a video of Timmy The Toolman showing the whole process...
Thanks for this video. I benefitted from some of them part numbers, as this also translates to my first gen taco! Nice walk through as well.

-Chris
OB# 3276
CP TACO

RockRanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

Food warmer from a few posts up was a success. I put two hotdogs wrapped in foil in it. About 45 minutes in the box and the were perfect to eat. At the time I was doing a lot of downhill coasting so I wasn't generated a bunch of heat. I am sure in warmer weather and when the engine is working harder the warming times will drop down. I also played in the snow a bit.

IMG_0718 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

IMG_0719 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Food warmer from a few posts up was a success. I put two hotdogs wrapped in foil in it. About 45 minutes in the box and the were perfect to eat. At the time I was doing a lot of downhill coasting so I wasn't generated a bunch of heat. I am sure in warmer weather and when the engine is working harder the warming times will drop down. I also played in the snow a bit.

IMG_0718 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr

IMG_0719 by Matthew Dresselhaus, on Flickr
I should be playing in the snow instead of working today..lol

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I bet, for those prices, that is awesome. Im looking forward to mine. Let us know when you get yours and what you think, but I think they will be fine.
Don't want to derail this thread but has anyone actually received their awning from Aiden James Customs? I orders a 270 almost a month ago and can't get any status update via email, call or text. They haven't yet answered the phone and even a web form to contact them has gone unanswered. Would just make me feel better to hear someone has actually received their order alread.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Nope but the 15 days is unrealistic in my book, so I'm not sweating it yet. Gobi told me they would have my replacement wind fairing out 2 weeks ago, but we know how those time frames go. As for the email communication, I only sent 2 but replied to both within an hour and even after typical business hours. Ill throw another email out and see what I get if you like?

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
Nope but the 15 days is unrealistic in my book, so I'm not sweating it yet. Gobi told me they would have my replacement wind fairing out 2 weeks ago, but we know how those time frames go. As for the email communication, I only sent 2 but replied to both within an hour and even after typical business hours. Ill throw another email out and see what I get if you like?
I would appreciate the help! Just hoping they can provide an update for me. Thx @utspoolup