What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Explore Maine

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hartland Maine
Member #

I just got back from the dealership after having some work done to my car. One of the things I was going to have done is the wiring for my rear lights, but they wanted to charge me 4hrs labor. I couldn't justify the cost. I did however have my tires rotated and a oil change. I will probably mount the lights to the trailer hitch and run the wiring under the car. I am however excited to have my car back because we just got slammed by a snow storm.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Installed a few Christmas presents..
Emergency glass breaking hammer/seat belt cutter..

Ram mount tablet mount.. Now to buy a dedicated tablet for navigation.

Drake quick release fire extinguisher mount:

Scott

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

Nothing directly with my rig yet today, but I did repurpose an old Verizon Ellipsis 7" tablet for APRS/NAV use, and will be getting that set up before my next wheeling trip!

Cleared out all the old apps, pulled the sim card, and downloaded several ham radio and mapping apps.

Reactions: Scott

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I've been saving up parts for several projects to do while I was visiting my family in Fl. for the holidays.

CB Radio Install:
I settled on the Midland 75-822 b/c it is easily removed from the Jeep and I won't have a radio taking up space. The antenna mounts to the Hi-Lift jack mount, then the coax is run through a small hole in the bottom of the taillight up into the cab through a grommet, and under the carpet to the passenger seat. I brought it out by the center console so it is discreet when the radio isn't plugged in.

View attachment 12685 View attachment 12687

ARB Fridge Wiring Kit:
While I had the passenger side carpet and trim panels pulled, I ran the wire for the ARB fridge. I buy my pants in the husky kids section (you 70's & 80's kids know what I mean), so the fridge is going on the passenger side of the cargo area to balance the load a bit. It's pretty straight forward: wire to the battery, mount the socket in a convenient space in the rear.

View attachment 12686

Bussmann Relay/Fuse Panel Install:
This is a DIY SPOD that I picked up off a fellow from a Jeep specific forum. It's universal in it's application, but you may have to fab up your own mounting brackets. Basically you have a 80a circuit breaker, the relay/fuse panel that has 5 relay/fuse circuits and 5 fuse only circuits, and a switch leg for the relay circuits. It took the longest to install this, but that was because I was tucking the wires and making it all super clean. This is the foundation for adding electrical accessories in the future and keeps the engine bay from becoming a rat's nest of wires.

View attachment 12688 View attachment 12690
I did the same thing but brought the ARB lead down the drivers side, and I installed a Cobra 75 behind the glove box with the lead coming out under the glove box....

Reactions: Barton Fink

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Got my new plates from the DMV after 6 weeks of waiting.

I'm shocked no one had this already.
I'm just down the road, will have to keep an eye out for it. My vanity plate is close, but more along the lines of the Xterra. But good looking and representing. FYI in true overland fashion, should have picked up the arches plate.

wgmclain96

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fayetteville, AR/Richmond, TX
Member #

New set of eyes on our VW SYNCRO today...and thinking of adding a set of IPF 968....any experience with those anyone?
Yup, I have a set of them on my Jeep. I like them for the price with the 55W bulbs but they do come with 100W bulbs. I've just been too lazy to put them in. They aren't super bright but that's again because I don't have the 100W bulbs in. They have done their job the last two years for. Because I have the 55W bulbs in (I really just assume), I am able to normally run these and my low beams while driving for added visibility which is a nice convenience when on farm roads in Texas

Screen+Shot+2016-01-06+at+8.31.43+PM-395x638.jpg
Mounted on the Jeep. They will be relocated soon to the rack in favor of a pair of LightForce 240s HIDs on the front bumper

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Rewired my electrical switches and added 3 more for the next upgrade.
Installed a 7" lightbar that I couldn't give away over my rear license plate. Watch out now tailgaters. Lol.

OB 1643
Just curious, what will you do when that tailgater is an LEO trying to read your plate? Will you know? Will you blast him? That's a very dangerous hypothetical situation you're surmising there. For both the tailgater AND yourself.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Just curious, what will you do when that tailgater is an LEO trying to read your plate? Will you know? Will you blast him? That's a very dangerous hypothetical situation you're surmising there. For both the tailgater AND yourself.
I'd venture to say he realizes that... He's probably being sarcastic...

Reactions: Justin Forrest