Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I'm very wasteful lol. I'm sure I already have some LED bulbs around, was just too lazy to find them.
I probably would just not have been able to find them, bought new ones, installed them, and then found the ones I already had, then put those away somewhere "safe" so I'd remember, and then repeated the process a few years down the road.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I probably would just not have been able to find them, bought new ones, installed them, and then found the ones I already had, then put those away somewhere "safe" so I'd remember, and then repeated the process a few years down the road.
Haha I too have many 'safe' places lol.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Haha I too have many 'safe' places lol.
Ha ha, I know the problem too well. A few years ago, the following happened to me. I needed a riveting pliers while working on the Landy. Yes well, I have one. But not found at that moment. So I bought a new one. Immediately afterwards, the other one appeared again, of course. So I had two. And then a few weeks later the same game. I didn't find either of them, so bought another one. Now you know why I have three riveting pliers... yes, the "safe" places.

• Haha
Reactions: Shahn and RoarinRow

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Ha ha, I know the problem too well. A few years ago, the following happened to me. I needed a riveting pliers while working on the Landy. Yes well, I have one. But not found at that moment. So I bought a new one. Immediately afterwards, the other one appeared again, of course. So I had two. And then a few weeks later the same game. I didn't find either of them, so bought another one. Now you know why I have three riveting pliers... yes, the "safe" places.
My father has a similar problem, which explains how my brother and I come by some of the tools we own...Dad ends up with 3 and then gives us one each. hell, I've ended up with 2 chainsaws because he can't find the other ones.

• Haha
Reactions: Shahn and RoarinRow

Bward76

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ward
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZE
I put a new winch on my Sierra. I waited for a while for the RC hidden winch and they finally came out (about a year ago). Very well built and not too bad to install. There is some cutting and drilling to do but it can be done with a cutoff wheel if that’s all you have access to. I’m very pleased with the outcome. One other note is that the supplied bolts for the fair lead is not long enough. You’ll need M12x1.75x80 to bolt it on. Fun to find 9EA8D261-571F-470F-81A1-681B67C69180.jpeg7D7D496F-D794-447F-AE15-B1D8793543A0.jpeg out on the last step.12EA5887-7863-4F71-9B0E-B6C1F51BFA38.jpeg

Last edited:

DaJudge

Rank III

Enthusiast III

New Mexico
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Judge
Member #

Installed a PSC steering box. Considering I have been using it offroad since I got (bigger tires, lifted, etc); I figure i did pretty good getting 16 years out of the OEM one. (20 if you count the street driving it did before I bought it.
No pics, it's a steering box!

Advocate III

Herford, Deutschland
First Name
Orkan
Last Name
Seewald
Member #

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I'm not doing this (Don't know how to weld & don't know anyone who knows how near by), but getting a Cab/Body Mount Chop done on the front mounts in preparations for 34'" tires. I likely won't go any larger as I need to regear the differentials next.

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got the 2A's Dana 25 wrapped up for the most part. Just waiting for the drive flanges to come in from FedEx. Work has kind of stalled on the 2A and this is the most progress I"ve made in a few weeks but I've got 5 days off coming up so I'm hoping to get a lot more done.