Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Replaced fog light HIDs to LEDs. Thought I had a problem with the ballast. Got LEDs then Googled my problem. Turned out to be a popped fused so I pulled out HID fog kit for nothing. Oh well LED bulbs in amber still looks good just doesn’t have the power output (I think) of HIDs.

IMG_0175.jpg

Reactions: mface7 and roots66

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Having trouble finding tracks for my late model Silverado so a little DIY project with solid aluminum strut, self tapping sheet metal screws, and strut nuts did the trick!
I like the L-track. I need to get some of that for my decked system. sucks not having easy tie down points when the decked system is in

Reactions: Shahn

Mamalloy

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Tan Valley, Pinal County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Malloy Sr.
Member #

Having trouble finding tracks for my late model Silverado so a little DIY project with solid aluminum strut, self tapping sheet metal screws, and strut nuts did the trick!
I like the L-track. I need to get some of that for my decked system. sucks not having easy tie down points when the decked system is in
The L tracks are great...tried to do mine on the cheap and bought 4-4' sections of an off-brand and found out the hard way that you have to buy the ones from Decked or the holes don't line up with cross braces under the deck (unless you want to drill and countersink all new holes). Tried to use the off-brand on the bed rails but they wouldn't stick out past the shell so I opted to install the uni-strut (c-channel) there.

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
The L tracks are great...tried to do mine on the cheap and bought 4-4' sections of an off-brand and found out the hard way that you have to buy the ones from Decked or the holes don't line up with cross braces under the deck (unless you want to drill and countersink all new holes). Tried to use the off-brand on the bed rails but they wouldn't stick out past the shell so I opted to install the uni-strut (c-channel) there.
good to know. I was thinking of ordering my own L-track, but now im second guessing it after reading your post. I'll most likely order the Decked Track instead.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Replaced my older phone mount with a Qi wireless charger mount from Pro Clip. The previous mount was limiting how big a phone I could mount. Each year or couple years my phone has only gotten bigger/taller.

Also replaced my license plate holder attached to my Wilco hitch tire carrier. Didn’t like the LED bulbs/bolts I had previously. This has the LED light built into frame. Feels more solid of an install.

04C5B748-2F46-481F-A010-F1AEE5D955EC.jpeg

6090BAFE-6DB2-4A90-A967-64A7B21D369F.jpeg

0DE948EC-831A-42DD-8AE3-7FA696AFCC21.jpeg

508355BA-65E0-4133-BE86-AEC56292BC8D.jpeg

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
That looks cool. Where i live were not allowed to tint the front side windows. But that looks sharp. I like it.
Thanks! This window tint percentage is illegal here where I live near San Francisco, but I’ve had all my vehicles tinted without any hassle from law enforcement. This particular tint is 5% but legal tint allowed here is 70% on the front windows. If I do get pulled over it’s a “fix-it” ticket and a small fine.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Installed a twin stick kit in the CJ5. JB Customs. Initially I only had 2wd, 4wd HI, 2wd Lo, but was locked out of 4 low. A call to their customer service people and they explained that on some of the short clocked twin stick shifters the factory mount would be slightly taller than others and the shifter channels would run out of travel before the interlock pills would clear for 4low. 20 minutes later I had it fixed after pulling the shifters and using the die grinder to elongate the channels a little bit. Threw it all back together and have a great slop free t-case shifter. The overly complex single stick linkage is waiting to go in the scrap pile.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Replaced fog light HIDs to LEDs. Thought I had a problem with the ballast. Got LEDs then Googled my problem. Turned out to be a popped fused so I pulled out HID fog kit for nothing. Oh well LED bulbs in amber still looks good just doesn’t have the power output (I think) of HIDs.

View attachment 217164
counting the days until my incandescent bulbs burn out so I can change out to LEDs without feeling overly wasteful...