Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I just had to replace mine about three weeks ago. $186. Not bad for a 136 amp alternator.
I guess there are some advantages to not having a Land Rover... ;>{)
The stock one is 150 amp. I was actually looking for a higher output one but couldn't find anything that wasn't questionable or shady. I dont just want a overwound or pulley modified one. I need reliable and whatnot. I run dual AGM batteries, so I figured an HO one might be good. I'll settle for a new denso 150 amp though. Should work. Most of the time I keep my batts charged up with a trickle charger anyway.

This all started about a week ago when I gave someone a jump start. I have since heard that it is possible to kill an alternator jumping someone. (I swear I did it by the book too). Anyway.. i bought a "Antigravity Batteries AG-XP-10 Multi-Function Power Supply and Jump Starter" which will replace the standard jump cables in the rig.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Seriously, I can't even remember the last time I had to use jumper cables since I bought the XP-10. Unlike my prior jump boxes, I know the XP-10 will do the job. I suppose I should hang on to the cables as a failover...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the xp10 as well and it's awesome. I carry jumper cables too as a failsafe in case the xp10 isn't charged up or something..

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Toyotadirtdevil

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

I regreased the truck, jacked it up only to find out the wheel bearings are bad after our fun snow run. They are grinding really loud. That'll be the next project.

OB 1643

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

IMG_4857.jpg

Met up with a friend from work that drives an FJ for breakfast and then over to the local Overlander store (MULE Outfitters) to get my install date for some gear that will be posted later and then off to the mountains!! Along the way, used MaxTrax to help out about six different vehicles (among them a JEEP and a SUBARU!!). Gotta tell you how much I LOVE the MaxTrax and how great they worked!! Along the way met a couple of guys driving kitted out Tacoma and 4Runner and the four of got about four cars out from ditches. Was a FANTASTIC day!!

Had a blast and some good pics along the way!!

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

I'm actually not sure I like the mag mic after last weekend's run. It adds too much weight to how I've mounted my CB radio and causes it to rattle/bounce too much. I have already moved the mic back to the grab bar on the JK dash. So, if anybody wants to give the mag mic holder a shot, I've got one, swing by San Jose and it's yours!
How about shipping it to the Midwest? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Reactions: TRL EATR

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
How about shipping it to the Midwest? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Just as cheap to pick one up on Amazon! Well, maybe not, $34.95.

JaimyMac630

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Rescue, California, USA
First Name
Jaimy
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Had a fun time today up at
Fordyce Lake in the Tahoe National Forest! Until on the drive home coming over the Sierras, I smelled something hot, then smoke in the cabin! Pulled over and opened the hood and saw my alternator smoking! Good thing for AAA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited: