Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

I got my light bar installed this morning, can't wait to test it out tonight!

View attachment 12095

Finding a good spot to put the switch was a bit of a pain, but I think it turned out alright.
View attachment 12096
Too funny!! That's the coolest thing about lights - waiting to find somewhere to go when it's good and dark and flip them all on!! IT'S THE BEST!!!!

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

Too funny!! That's the coolest thing about lights - waiting to find somewhere to go when it's good and dark and flip them all on!! IT'S THE BEST!!!!
Yeah I finally tested it out tonight and after some re-adjusting it's great! I got the Rigid E2 Combo, and I'm really glad I did, it's a great combination of really far out in the middle while illuminating the sides up close.

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Almost finished with my tailgate lid install.IMG_3223.JPG IMG_3227.JPG IMG_3228.JPG Cut the hole in the tailgate, insulated and cleaned the inside, bolted it down and loaded it up. Just need to pad the inner door with padded felt and reattach the OEM carpet on top. It fits all my recovery gear (d-rings, straps, winch extension, saw, flares, trail axe, limb risers) and a little bit of my emergency gear. All super easy to get to, and at the same time totally out of the way. StokedIMG_3280.JPG

Also gutted the cargo area to begin prep for my drawer build early next year. Gonna be a big project. Sealed the leaking quarter panel vent and window runs and loaded up the quarter panel cavities again with fluids and tools. Double checked all the wiring, extended the rear locker breather, and cleaned everything. Definitely don't want to have to go back in there again when the drawers are in, so getting it dialed. IMG_3264.JPG IMG_3279.JPGIMG_3256.JPG

Attachments

k9sar

Local Expert, Georgia USA

Enthusiast III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EKF
I'm a jeep guy and really like your rig but..... What's that cool-looking red classic in your garage? An International Scout?

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
@shoredreamer that tailgate is AMAZING!!! Did you build that yourself, or is it a commercial product?
I wish I had those skills to build my own, but no. It was a local Cruiser guy who made a batch to sell. Another option that's not vehicle exclusive would be using boat hatches over some body panel.

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I replaced a tie rod that got bent while out in the Mark twain national forest. Don't take those forest for granted, they hide big rocks!

Reactions: Zargon

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

The patches were from a few days ago.
Got an FJ patch from Cruiser Gear, one from Mountain State Overland, and three from the Boeing store at my work.
Also got a nice Mount Rainier patch from Lifestyle Overland, check them out for National Park badges if you want one.
Cruiser Gear does a new patch a month, so I jumped on the FJ one, as they sell out quick.

Today I put back in the rig the two medium Eezi-Awn K9 tables I bought a few years back from Paul May at Equipt Expedition Outfitters.
These are the best camping tables I have ever used, and they hold a lot of weight, and fold flat up against my new fridge.

I had taken them out a few months back when I switched from the ARB fridge over to the National Luna Weekender 50 fridge/freezer.

I have a piece of thick foam to keep the tables away from the vent louvers on the right side of the fridge so the fridge will not overheat due to lack of not having air for the vents.

I use one table to hold the chuckbox, and the other one to eat at.

I was going to wire up a 10 gauge cable to the aux. battery with an Anderson plug to go to my Renogy 100 watt suitcase solar panel, but I will do that another day, hopefully before I head back to work on the 3rd.

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

Yesterday, but did a thorough undercarriage wash then applied a liberal coating of Fluid Film. Should help keep things reasonable for the winter. Also did a quick degrease/rinse of the engine bay. Definitely needs a full detail when the warm weather comes back.

Reactions: Sonarman

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Made a very rudimentary bracket for some rear mounted flood lights! I got new driving lights up front and had these left over. So I repurposed them! Pretty happy with how it came out. Down the road I will make a better bracket. Next is to wire them up to a switch.

Also here are the new front lights!! Hella 500 Black Magic.