Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

I'm actually looking at the Bluetti, how do you like it?
So far so good. I’m using it to mainly power a Dometic CFX 35 fridge and it will keep it going for 2 days without charge. With both alternator and solar charging I am hoping that will extend to as long as any trip.

The form factor and price are great and build quality seems real good. The only annoying things are a rear light that can get inadvertently switched on easily and not seen during daytime and just one power input that is on the rear.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
So far so good. I’m using it to mainly power a Dometic CFX 35 fridge and it will keep it going for 2 days without charge. With both alternator and solar charging I am hoping that will extend to as long as any trip.

The form factor and price are great and build quality seems real good. The only annoying things are a rear light that can get inadvertently switched on easily and not seen during daytime and just one power input that is on the rear.
awesome thanks for the info.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Installed Nitro 4.88 gears in my ‘17 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. This is how the truck should’ve arrived from the factory. Much better driving qualities/transmission shifting when cruising the hills/mountains of New Mexico. 265 75R16 tires. For those in New Mexico/El Paso area, we had the install work done by Southwest Gear in El Paso. Excellent work and nice folks.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

Installed Nitro 4.88 gears in my ‘17 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. This is how the truck should’ve arrived from the factory. Much better driving qualities/transmission shifting when cruising the hills/mountains of New Mexico. 265 75R16 tires. For those in New Mexico/El Paso area, we had the install work done by Southwest Gear in El Paso. Excellent work and nice folks.
How does it cruise the highways and normal streets?

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

How does it cruise the highways and normal streets?
RPM is a tad/skosh higher but the truck remains in the higher gears longer and still pulls going up hills. Driving up one of the local passes, truck used to downshift and rev up to 5k rpm to maintain 65 mph. Now it doesn’t downshift as far and hasn’t revved higher than 3.5k. Much more enjoyable to drive on the local highways.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

RPM is a tad/skosh higher but the truck remains in the higher gears longer and still pulls going up hills. Driving up one of the local passes, truck used to downshift and rev up to 5k rpm to maintain 65 mph. Now it doesn’t downshift as far and hasn’t revved higher than 3.5k. Much more enjoyable to drive on the local highways.
I have 33s on my jeep, and rpm is high going uphill, eats a lot of gas. I'm on the fa they 4.10 gearing, wondering if I should upgrade the gears, I might want larger tires in the future anyways.

Reactions: Shahn

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

I have 33s on my jeep, and rpm is high going uphill, eats a lot of gas. I'm on the fa they 4.10 gearing, wondering if I should upgrade the gears, I might want larger tires in the future anyways.
The regear was on my (wife stole…um…uses the Tacoma more as of recently for her work) Tacoma. My ‘04 TJ Rubicon has 4.10s on 265/75R16 tires. Same with rpms climbing local passes/mountains if trying to maintain 65 mph. Plan is to go a size up to a 285 or 33 tire. Thought process is the next size up should be just right for next trip to the Canyonlands Maze District without crushing daily driveability.

Reactions: Outdoordog

4Wheelexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Pasco, WA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Overbaugh
Member #

Slowly getting little pieces on the new project. Added the Rugged Ridge dual antenna mount on the back, using a pair of spring mounts and different model quick disconnects so the three foot firestik and the 6 foot flagstik can be mounted out back but only in one way (avoids stupid tired/rushed mistakes) and easily removed to fit in the garage (or in the flagstiks case removed and stored when not needed). Yes, the bolts need to be black, no, it wasn't finished yet. Also added the 67 designs ring mount and GoPro mount on the Vector JK bar. GoPro was solid on a 600 mile drive through the back roads of Oregon last weekend (didn't get much time to hit anything real bumpy, but have no doubt in the mount system). Lot left to go, may try out Bulletpoint mounts for the Vector bar for comparison sake, but loving the 67Designs gear so far. The hardest part of modding a JKU is that there are too many good toys, have to stay focused on what I want it to do in the end and why. J.E.E.P. is way to easy to do!
Antenna-1.JPG Antenna-2.JPG 67-2.jpg 67-1.JPG

CavGeek

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ. 85027
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Reiner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6ZWC
Service Branch
U.S.Army
Yesterday I pulled down the headliner to run to wires for the rear view channel on my dash cam, and I finished wiring the switch for my inner hood lights. Today was the best so far...

I MADE THE FINAL PAYMENT, IT'S MY TRUCK NOW!

Attachments