Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Finally fixed one of my lights, the one near the solar panel had come detached from power but good to go, can’t wait for the bull bar to come in I’ll have to wire those 2 lights into the same system for sure, I’m also thinking about getting some yellow lights kind of like the Toyota’s I see, but I dunno.

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got the master cylinder and calipers replaced, rebled the brakes on my brother's CJ7. One step closer to getting this thing out of my garage lol. I also took the repro fender flares I removed off my CJ5 and replaced the front flares that were basically falling off. I'll be doing the rears later I just ran out of gas as I got started on this late and called it quits.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Oil and filter change. Just rolled 197,000 miles.

while I was down there, I did a preemptive starter replacement. That failed suddenly on theothertwin and cost dearly to have done with towing and shop.

• Sad
Reactions: Shahn and roots66

Chief Brody

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6POR
Upgrade day (also my wife’s birthday but she was out shopping :)

-LFD Off-Road roof racks (w Frontrunner eyelets)
-Lamin-x Amber fog light films
-OB Badge placement

Not pictured: VLEDS 5000k interior dome light, Rome awning & Front Runner 42L water tank w/ hose (will mount those when needed). Also, taking Ham test next week.

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Well, it was yesterday and the day before…. But we yanked the 3.6 Pentastar at 216,000+ miles. Oil cooler went caput again, overheated again. So we pulled the engine, taking the heads to be hot tanked and decked, replacing timing chains (been running a P0016 code for a while now, culprit is a stretched timing chain). And putting her back together with a 2014+ oil cooler. (Better design, no clip on part at the bottom to fail).

Big props to my Kid Brother, this isn’t like working on an old car with a carb!

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Well, it was yesterday and the day before…. But we yanked the 3.6 Pentastar at 216,000+ miles. Oil cooler went caput again, overheated again. So we pulled the engine, taking the heads to be hot tanked and decked, replacing timing chains (been running a P0016 code for a while now, culprit is a stretched timing chain). And putting her back together with a 2014+ oil cooler. (Better design, no clip on part at the bottom to fail).

Big props to my Kid Brother, this isn’t like working on an old car with a carb!
Awesome you are getting it rebuilt, but I am so so glad I have unloaded my pentastar. After reading how many issues they have, in many different vehicles, if I kept my jk I was going to swap in an LS or Coyote into it.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
reset my throttle by wire on the patriot. Seems to have fixed the throttle and drivability issues we were having.
NOPE. Ha ha. She's now in the shop with the PCV valve replaced, new TB on order, new spark plugs and new air filter. Next up new brakes and oil and trans fulid change.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Not in my garage but this morning the glass guy showed up at work and put a new windshield in my CJ5. The 46 year old windshield was so scratched driving in the dark was a game of driving via braile when heading towards other headlights. The light would dazzle you.

Reactions: roots66