What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

AT-venturist

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

El Dorado Hills, Ca
Member #

Did a quick experimental setup for a 10 gallon, on-board water system. Will drive around like this for a week or two and see what needs changing before finalizing the install.

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I has come to my attention that the sqeaking in the rear of the pat could be the springs in the perches. To combat this, I am taking out the rear springs, putting a bead of urethane around them, spreading it out and letting it dry. Then re installing the springs. Should stop any squeaks that it could be. Next up is to do the brakes, new tires and refresh the suspension.

Reactions: roots66

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I has come to my attention that the sqeaking in the rear of the pat could be the springs in the perches. To combat this, I am taking out the rear springs, putting a bead of urethane around them, spreading it out and letting it dry. Then re installing the springs. Should stop any squeaks that it could be. Next up is to do the brakes, new tires and refresh the suspension.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to do prototype vehicle testing, that was 1 or 2 years out on released new model vehicles. Besides power train evaluations, we also did 'fit n finish' write-ups on how chassis components worked together in pre-production models, ie' what problems manifested themselves over a period of time. One issue that came up over a period of actual driving, was the appearance of a component squeek. Sometimes they were not easy to find, and track-down. It would be a issue sometimes over a period of time and distance. A issue might be the component materials in a bushing, or a worn leaf spring pad, that only made noise in certain driving parameters.

Glad you located the issue in your vehicle. Urethane components have come quite a ways from past decades, and are not as susceptible to being noisy in under 'greased' operation's. My BIL has a suspension piece that has not become aggravating enough to fix yet. The vehicle now carries the nickname.....SQUEAKY.......:grin:

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
more what I didn't do..

Today I decided not to put a RTT on my 4Runner.
I have been going back and forth for a while now, trying to decide.

Ultimately, throwing 130 to 180 lbs that high and and losing ~1.5 MPG is a no go.
I just realized you said 130 to 180 lbs. Which RTTs were you looking at? I assume a roof rack was involved in those totals too?

Reactions: CavGeek

CavGeek

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ. 85027
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Reiner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6ZWC
Service Branch
U.S.Army
Prepping for upkeep, picked up a cabin air filter, a new air filter and some factory touch up paint. Next up is a washing! Not all that exciting, but I'm focusing on paying it off before I spend money on upgrades, I'd rather own it before I upgrade it!

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
I finally decided where my yellow LEDs are going to go, and that I’ll connect them to my day time running lights, I think it’ll look great and be functional. Ordering them and it’ll be some work (drilling and cutting) but I’ll be happy I think.

Attachments

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
I finally decided where my yellow LEDs are going to go, and that I’ll connect them to my day time running lights, I think it’ll look great and be functional. Ordering them and it’ll be some work (drilling and cutting) but I’ll be happy I think.
Nice, I've been doing some mock ups myself. Definitely helpful to see rather than just imagining. I'm not quite ready to share mine yet, but maybe here when I get some more free time to actually put some effort into them. I've decided to run a trigger controller for them though.

Reactions: überlander

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Also I just realized if I splice them into the DRL, when I turn my blinker on my white light turns off and the yellow blinker takes its place, that might make things interesting, if I do it a certain way the yellow LEDs will turn off with the white light possibly making it more obvious that I have my blinker on, guess I’ll see when they get here :)

Reactions: SJ.Overland

BPK6

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Vermont
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kennedy
Today, just a wash, organized center console + molle seat panel Thursday...but June was a good month...

Started with S&B Cold Air Intake w/ Oiled Filter, tuned w/ Bully-Dog 87 Octane Tune, Turned off V4 Mode (AFM)

Then, New lift/level (Eibach Pro Truck Stage 1), Fuel Wheels Rebel (17x9), MotoFab UCA, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70R17 (32.8") - Loaded for Install..

Tires, Wheels, Eibach.jpeg

After Install...Tuned for Tire Size w/ Bully-Dog for accurate Speedometer

Truck.jpeg

Couple Days Later - Installed Bedslide CL1000 Black Edition w/ No-Drill Install Kit, First Use at the Range...Mounted on top of BedRug - clean setup

Bedslide.jpeg

Wednesday hauled 1400+lbs of flooring to my parents..

Truck 2.jpeg

Thursday tree trimming / dump haul - 6.5' bed FTW

truck 3.jpeg

No picture, but added FAK to Bed Area, velcro so it sticks to BedRug and out of way of Bedslide, and bought Milwaukee M12 Tire Inflator Kit.

July?

Exhaust backordered, ETA EOM
Add-a-Leaf install (currently has ~1/2" negative rake)
BROG pouches for additional organization
Deliberate on Ditch Lights...

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
View attachment 203952
went from this bumper…

to this
View attachment 203953
Next on the list is install the extended brake lines, gull wing windows at rear, factor55 hook and hawse, and new control arms from delta.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice Rig, I like the tire/wheel combo, ........big, but not extreme. I fall on the ARB bumper look side for front protection. Pre-runner bumper styles left me feeling under-protected. I imagine it came down to a weight issue. Any plans on a rear bumper or combo unit for gear? If so, what style, and why the choices you would make.

PS.........Do you miss the grill lights, or do the rack quad system accomplish your needs. Being a white truck, I would think the glare would be pretty extreme.

Fosters

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Florida, USA
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Goldhawke
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4NTX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice Rig, I like the tire/wheel combo, ........big, but not extreme. I fall on the ARB bumper look side for front protection. Pre-runner bumper styles left me feeling under-protected. I imagine it came down to a weight issue. Any plans on a rear bumper or combo unit for gear? If so, what style, and why the choices you would make.

PS.........Do you miss the grill lights, or do the rack quad system accomplish your needs. Being a white truck, I would think the glare would be pretty extreme.
Liking the idea of matching the front with Slee’s rear combo…but $4k is a rough pill to swallow
Don’t miss the lights..
The upper lights provide plenty of light and the glare is surprising managable

Last edited:

GrumpyRam

Rank V

Inventor I

Nevada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
DeV
Member #

Service Branch
USAF (ret)
Front bumper installed. Next is winch and light bar.
Took advantage of the in-laws clean garage, installed the new roof rack.

Attachments

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

Last week my 4Runner was in the shop getting new ball joints and lower bushings. The old ones were pretty shot.
It's super tight now. Feels great.

Next I think is a full chassis lube. There is a random bird chirping sound that's driving me kinda nuts.

1626110516907.png

Last edited: