Rank III

Member III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Jules
Last Name
Iaccarino
Member #

Cleaned up my arches with a grinding wheel, scraping off the rust from when I attacked it with an angle grinder. I could've not had to do any of that had I painted it day one, but procrastination got the better of me. :grimacing:

Then I taped off the edges and gave the raw, freshly ground edges a coat of rust resisting undercoat. Not the best looking, but it stops rust and that's the important part!

It feels pretty minor all in all, but there's so many small things that go into these rigs that aren't build journal worthy.

Reactions: roots66

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Looks like it’s a common issue with the teraflex kits , they use a 2.75” extension and coupled with the metalcloak bumpstops being a inch longer it’s resting on the bump stop pad on level ground . Not a big deal just gotta pull it apart again and pull the extension out .

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Got the Goal Zero Yeti Car Link wired in the truck. Now it is on solar and it charges when the truck is running.

Reactions: roots66

bitmuse

Rank III

Member III

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Jules
Last Name
Iaccarino
Member #

I cut two holes and angle grinding them together on my fender today in an attempt to run some snorkel tubing. The cuts were great and professional looking, and I took some pics for the build log I will post eventually, but alas today was a failure.

I let myself feel rushed by the coming rain, and I didn't check my measurements. I cut the hole too high on my fender and the tubing can't fit between the fender and the body. Doh!!!

Mistakes happen, I'm feeling a little bummed, but used fenders are easy to come by and I'll hit the junkyard when I've finished moving this coming week. .. And then just do it all again with my new knowledge.

MBDSRD1

Rank I

Enthusiast I

PNW
First Name
M
Last Name
B
Took the rig out and brought my youngest one out camping finally(just turned a year old last month). My wife got me a reservation at a state park for father's day and we celebrated a little early with the kids. Our first overnight family adventure of the year to start the summer off right. It was a blast!20210619_175000.jpg