Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Drove it way up a nearby mountain with my neighbor and got it proper stuck in some nasty slushy "corn snow" that was still hanging about. Had to dig for around an hour, but like civilized chaps, we had a break for lunch mid way through, then another 30 minutes or so of digging got it out.

View attachment 201486
View attachment 201487
View attachment 201488
View attachment 201489
Shovel was the MVP today. lol We learned that corn snow is very bad.
There's something about getting stuck in the snow while wearing shorts & T-shirt that's unsettling. :laughing:

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

There's something about getting stuck in the snow while wearing shorts & T-shirt that's unsettling. :laughing:
Lol welcome to life in Northern BC. It can be in the high 20's Celsius in the day in spring and be very close to freezing at night. I actually had taken off my fleece in that photo because it was too hot.

Reactions: roots66

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Am still trying to find out why the driverside dipped beam does not work, the lightbulb is new, there is no corrosion on the contacts and the fuse is intact.

Reactions: roots66

Retired

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Discovery Bay, CA.
First Name
CJ
Last Name
H.
Member #

On Monday I built this rear tire carrier from New and old hitch parts. Mostly wanted to test it to see if I'm going to like it and order a new rear bumper with a swing out.
I just ordered 589 fab 3" side steps that bolt onto the stock rock skids on the zr2. Hopefully get them soon. Wife needs a step to help get in the truck.

20210617_125817.jpg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got the winch bumper installed! Thanks for the recommendations. Seems like this mod thing is a rabbit hole lol. Does it ever end haha
I call it the mod Cascade. It's really prevalent in the bigger is better communities, folks who buy a Jeep and immediately puta lift and 40s on, then realize the axles need to be upgraded, then realize that they need lockers, then realize that they need armor and new bumpers, blah, blah, blah.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day before yesterday on my brother's CJ7 I got a late start and with the heat set a time limit on my self so got the front and rear seats back in, fan shroud and new wipers on. Yesterday I went out again late start and was going to rebuild the front brakes but realized while getting parts out that I was short a few parts so said screw it called it a day went back in the AC and placed another Rock Auto order. Next day off I have I'll rebuild the rear drum brakes I have all those parts.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I call it the mod Cascade. It's really prevalent in the bigger is better communities, folks who buy a Jeep and immediately puta lift and 40s on, then realize the axles need to be upgraded, then realize that they need lockers, then realize that they need armor and new bumpers, blah, blah, blah.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day before yesterday on my brother's CJ7 I got a late start and with the heat set a time limit on my self so got the front and rear seats back in, fan shroud and new wipers on. Yesterday I went out again late start and was going to rebuild the front brakes but realized while getting parts out that I was short a few parts so said screw it called it a day went back in the AC and placed another Rock Auto order. Next day off I have I'll rebuild the rear drum brakes I have all those parts.

Nice!