First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Wow that swaybar looks substantial!
Its actually quite a bit softer than the OEM swaybars... so far its been a HUGE improvement in ride quality on road and performance off road has been awesome. I loose a little bit of flex vs no sway bar but it's a TON more stable during high speed shenanigans

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Baja Designs lights are fantastic. The quality and output is amazing. They're not cheap, but they're the only lights I buy, which is probably why I drive 15 year old vehicles.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Had the old brakerotors and pads replaced with better quality parts, the next upgrade will be new suspension.

Reactions: roots66

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Got my cockpit set up and went for a quick test. Wasn't sure if the tablet(Galaxy Tab A 8") had legit GPS, but it does! This is WiFi only, no data, and it worked flawlessly. Also got the new dashcam wired up as well.
The only thing the Galaxy tab A 8 does not have is a compass sensor. Other than that it's the best inexpensive tablet for in vehicle duties. We use the LTE version and it's great!

summervijx

Rank V

Advocate III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Summerville
Member #

Got my cockpit set up and went for a quick test. Wasn't sure if the tablet(Galaxy Tab A 8") had legit GPS, but it does! This is WiFi only, no data, and it worked flawlessly. Also got the new dashcam wired up as well.
The only thing the Galaxy tab A 8 does not have is a compass sensor. Other than that it's the best inexpensive tablet for in vehicle duties. We use the LTE version and it's great!
Out of curiosity, what features would the compass sensor provide, that I am currently missing?

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Drove it way up a nearby mountain with my neighbor and got it proper stuck in some nasty slushy "corn snow" that was still hanging about. Had to dig for around an hour, but like civilized chaps, we had a break for lunch mid way through, then another 30 minutes or so of digging got it out.

IMG_20210612_180521.jpg
IMG_20210612_180507.jpg
IMG_20210612_180512.jpg
772578125625026526.jpg
Shovel was the MVP today. lol We learned that corn snow is very bad.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Out of curiosity, what features would the compass sensor provide, that I am currently missing?
Basically, With a compass module when stationary, your screen will rotate with you.....Like a compass. WIthout it, you need to be moving to get proper direction of travel. Plus the compass features of the software will not work. Not a deal beaker, but just letting people know. My last android tablet the lepan mini had both GPS and Compass and it worked really good, but the android software was completely un supported.