SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
The truck got some love today! Locking UCA cams, new tie rod boots on the steering rack, bumpstop refresh for the front and new shocks in the rear.

I still have to play with the rear shock mounts a bunch and relocate the reservoirs a bit more out of the way..
PXL_20210523_025420057.jpgPXL_20210523_025404802.jpgPXL_20210522_222442753.jpg

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Nice! Is that at the campground? I was just there last week and it snowed on my son and I while fishing at Rock Creek Lake.
Was the end of a spur trail off of the Buttermilk loop outside of Bishop. Wilderness camping. Lake looks nice, will have to check it out next time. We brought fishing gear, but ended up not fishing at all on this trip.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got the besttop and frame back down out of the rafters for the Cj5. As much as I like rolling around topless or with just a bikini top I prefer for the kids to have some cover from the sun so went ahead and threw it back on minus all the windows. This allows it to function like an oversized bikini top which covers the back seat as well. I kind of dig the look too.

Reactions: roots66 and DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Got the besttop and frame back down out of the rafters for the Cj5. As much as I like rolling around topless or with just a bikini top I prefer for the kids to have some cover from the sun so went ahead and threw it back on minus all the windows. This allows it to function like an oversized bikini top which covers the back seat as well. I kind of dig the look too.
Nice!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
ARB makes a nice Breather Kit that accepts up to four inputs, Front & Rear Dif, Transmission, Xfer Case.
View attachment 199884
Yeah that will be down the road. But honestly this was a weak link that had to be done. The other breathers are a good bit higher than this one was stock and I only did this one so I can go through areas without thinking too much. I won't push my luck more than I need to. Truthfully much higher on the others and electrical becomes an issue lol.

Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Yeah that will be down the road. But honestly this was a weak link that had to be done. The other breathers are a good bit higher than this one was stock and I only did this one so I can go through areas without thinking too much. I won't push my luck more than I need to. Truthfully much higher on the others and electrical becomes an issue lol.
Exactly!

Reactions: SJ.Overland