Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Metal Cloak Game Changer 3.5" lift last Friday, new tires this afternoon, and install of the long awaited RSI Smart Cap evo tomorrow. Pretty excited things are finally coming together on my build. Images tomorrow to follow.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Metal Cloak Game Changer 3.5" lift last Friday, new tires this afternoon, and install of the long awaited RSI Smart Cap evo tomorrow. Pretty excited things are finally coming together on my build. Images tomorrow to follow.
Let me know how you like that smart cap. I've been eyeing one for about 4 months now. Starting to run out of room in the bed with just the tonneau

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Let me know how you like that smart cap. I've been eyeing one for about 4 months now. Starting to run out of room in the bed with just the tonneau
Will do! I went back and forth whether to go tonneau with bed rack or the RSI. I ordered about 45 days ago, so hopefully worth the wait. More to follow!

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

Happy with how she’s coming along... one day at a time!

Attachments

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

So far, first impressions...very, very happy with it. Very well built, lines match the Jeep and appears to be exactly as advertised. Now the fun of placing things, playing Tetris!

Reactions: SJ.Overland

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Got 90% through installing my winch. Installed the TRE safety thimble to the line, installed the fairlead, and got three mounting bolts in place before I realized the bag was missing the fourth nut to mount the winch to the bumper. Emailed Warn for one so I'll see how that goes.

edit: Warn was super responsive... emailed them over the weekend and had a response Monday morning asking for my address.

Last edited:

mrmayhem

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

I bought my rig! and got 4 new tires! 2000 Land Rover Discovery II. Heavy-duty springs/shocks are on the way. Also signed up for Overland Expo East to give me a bit more motivation! Sold my 02 Tacoma 3 years ago and regretted almost every day since. I'm excited to get back out there!

PXL_20210412_175151040.jpg