Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Well if enjoyment is greater than or equal to investment then you came out on top!!!!
Enjoyment is guaranteed! I think this is the 3rd evolution of the truck
1st was a Diamondback cover (they are great by the way) and an Oztent RV-1, then I decided I wanted a 270 Degree Awning so that led to....
A Craigslist camper shell that I installed a Prinsu Top Rack on and mounted a 23 Zero Peregrine Awning and Smittybilt rooftop tent. I decided
that was too top heavy and definitely hard on gas. So I sold the tent and went this route. Still waiting on the Goose Gear 60% rear seat delete to arrive
so I can mount the fridge inside safe and sound.

Reactions: 9Mike2

MWallace

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Hamilton, Ohio, USA
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Wallace
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
Today was a long one. New bearing, gears, and Spartan locker installed in the rear axle. I also pitched the old drum brakes in the trash and installed a disk brake conversion.

Setting the backlash.

Nasty old drum brakes.

Shiny new disks.

All buttoned up and ready to roll.

Love the spartan locker. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Been computerless for a few days so haven't been able to update.

On my 76 CJ5 I removed the top for the rest of the year and replaced it with a Bikini top, converted it back from an electric fuel pump to a mechanical setup.

On the 78 I'm working on for someone else. I pulled the carb down for cleaning/rebuild. The owner said that he had someother shop rebuild the carb after getting a bunch of junk in the fuel tank. The shop that farmed it out to me said they got it to run but the carb wouldn't stop puking up fuel. Well when I pulled the carb apart it was missing the float and needle. No wonder it was puking fuel up everywhere. :/

Got most of the carb dipped in carb cleaner for a while. Parts came in today but I'll work more on it tomorrow.

Pulled the thermostat to flush out the block and found the water pump front bearings to be totally trashed. Fan had a ton of play in all directions. So pulled the fan and water pump as well and ordered up some more parts.

Ooo. I also got these in from Rock Auto. Not sure on their age, can't find any lot numbers or the like but the packing and stuff is certainly older. New enough to have a barcode on the main box though.

RAMXPLR

Rank V

Explorer I

Carlsbad, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lochow
Member #

Attachments

LowCountryBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Charleston, Charleston County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Chip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Ok- that’s weird. My comment got combined with another- I did not say my own ride looks sweet
Again, your lift, looks great. Period!
It’s perfectly ok to think your own ride is sweet!!! Hell your building you in it!!! Be proud of your creations!!!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Installed an 813 Fabrication under-rear-seat locking bin today; nice piece of kit and the owner Jeremy is a great guy. They have some cool Gladiator parts...
Had to pull the radio gear out for this job and got it put back in better than before. Its a geek-fest in there ;)

IMG_5690.jpeg IMG_5695.jpeg

Attachments