Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
Finally got all the parts together for the front axle. 4.11 gears, bearings, seals, u-joints, and LSD installed. Also replaced the front cover with something a little more durable that has a drain plug. It's all fancy now but it shouldn't take long for it to be the same South Carolina clay color as everything else under there.

Then turned it around, put the rear in the air, and stripped it. It's getting the same treatment, gears, locker, bearings, and seals. Hope to get most of the assembly done tomorrow evening. It's a good thing this was already in the works. The driver's side axle seal had already failed and soaked the shoes. Super tempted to throw a disk brake conversion on there while it's apart.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Yesterday

XJ- Changed the oil and collected a sample for oil analysis

Red CJ- Installed a battery, Pulled the radiator and air injection system, did a compression test and installed the aftermarket starter switch in the dash properly instead of having it hanging down below the dash.

Orange CJ- Checked fluids, put a bikini top on.

Surplus Trailer- Wire wheeled and primered another side of the tub.

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
Got started on the rear axle only to find out I have the wrong bearing kit. Amazon shipped a D44 kit instead of a Chrysler 8.25 kit. And the locker I ordered is a 29 spline and the axle under the XJ is a 27 spline. That necessitated digging the original axle out of a pile of parts behind the shop to get the shafts and carrier out of it. This whole project has been one wrong part after another.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I am a few days behind, I finally got the extension for my bedrack done and bolted onto my truck
68D7E155-8166-4CA0-8F55-727D5802B9E9.jpeg
I had to take a picture at night, my extension got finished about 2:30pm I got to pick it up and I immediately had to rush to the shop. I had 2 back to back recovery jobs (tow jobs) and didn’t get done until after 9 pm, I took this picture as I am leaving to go out to the farm to get my Roofnest Falcon RTT so I can meet up with some other OB members for some wheeling and a camp out the next day.