Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Spent the weekend finally mounting a pair of amber lights I got a few months ago to my front bumper and factory aux switches. Fabricated the mount from some scrap steel and was aiming to get it all done on Saturday but additional complexity with cable management and security bolts forced things into Sunday in order to get it all done correctly.

IMG_1508.jpg IMG_1520.jpg
IMG_1524.jpeg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Spent the weekend finally mounting a pair of amber lights I got a few months ago to my front bumper and factory aux switches. Fabricated the mount from some scrap steel and was aiming to get it all done on Saturday but additional complexity with cable management and security bolts forced things into Sunday in order to get it all done correctly.

View attachment 190421 View attachment 190422
View attachment 190423
Baja Designs LP4s? I have a couple LP6s on order (clear lens), been over thirty days and I finally called today. Evidently BD is out mining the materials to build more inventory ;) Estimated ship date end of the month.
How do you like them? Modifying the wiring harness looks like its going to be interesting...

• Haha
Reactions: Neuvik

socal66

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Sampson
Member #

Baja Designs LP4s? I have a couple LP6s on order (clear lens), been over thirty days and I finally called today. Evidently BD is out mining the materials to build more inventory ;) Estimated ship date end of the month.
How do you like them? Modifying the wiring harness looks like its going to be interesting...
Haven't been able to take them on the trail yet but they seem to be much brighter than the Jeep LED headlights on high beam. I have amber lenses due to all the desert and dust trails in my area. Hopefully that was a good choice if not I can swap out the lenses for clears.

I had also purchased the Baja upfitter wiring kits for wiring the LP4's into the Jeep Aux Switches. Upon reflection that was overkill as I could have just used the standard wiring harness and trimmed it off before the provided switch and not purchased the other wiring kits. The LP4 is a little easier to wire as it only has one beam and not a low and high like the LP6.

Reactions: Ubiety

Trigger T4R

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Inland Empire, CA, USA
First Name
Lance
Last Name
:
Member #

Finally ordered my Sherpa Equipment Princeton rack & accessories! So stoked!! Been wanting/needing this for soo long.

Let the 8-10 week countdown begin!⏱

oh, also I removed the white wrap from her this weekend. Weird to have a grey 4runner now but she looks damn good if I do say so! Off for a little paint correction now.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Used the XJ to flat tow another project home. This one isn't mine but a local shop is farming it out to me for side work because their work backlog is so extensive right now they feel they can't give it the attention it needs. Should be a simple project mostly. Owner is just looking to get it running for use around his property. All the emissions stuff is a mess. The radiator is full of mud :/ The carter carb is apparently in a million pieces in a box somewhere they can't find. Yay.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Used the XJ to flat tow another project home. This one isn't mine but a local shop is farming it out to me for side work because their work backlog is so extensive right now they feel they can't give it the attention it needs. Should be a simple project mostly. Owner is just looking to get it running for use around his property. All the emissions stuff is a mess. The radiator is full of mud :/ The carter carb is apparently in a million pieces in a box somewhere they can't find. Yay.

Looks like a FUN project

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Woke up this morning and dropped off the wheels and tires fro the M416 trailer, then went home and installed a hitch on the CJ then drove back and picked up the tires when they were ready.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Went to start my tractor for first time since October just to find I need a new injection pump. Ordered it some shims and new filters. Seems like Everything I have that isn't chevrolet has been going to crap on me lately.

Taking my colorado to get a trans flush and fill at 4pm at the stealership.

• Haha
Reactions: RoarinRow

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Went to start my tractor for first time since October just to find I need a new injection pump. Ordered it some shims and new filters. Seems like Everything I have that isn't chevrolet has been going to crap on me lately.
1615474802621.png

Reactions: 9Mike2