Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Well I finally got the MaxTrax mount for my CBI bedrack and got it “installed” (sort of) I had given up on them getting me the right mount so I have a local fabricator making a MaxTrax mount that I can bolt onto my rack. I am not sure what I am going to do with this MaxTrax mount that I got from CBI yesterday, I may sell it or incorporate in somewhere else to mount another set of MaxTrax . Time will tell.

3F769F82-C493-48B6-86B9-61340E51C47C.jpeg
Then I washed some of the winter salt/sand crud off of my truck
799977BE-7423-4A59-934E-11BF18D190F0.jpeg
And finally, I got one of the senior body men at the shop I help out at from time to time to help me with my rear headrest delete, they folded down but wasted about 4” of space where stuff would not go completely back against the rear of the cab and I need every inch I can get
8F4EAAB7-6C32-43C2-814E-6181D1849B85.jpeg
this is what the back looked like with the rear head rests folded down
BB39F992-6B6E-48A5-B67E-EAB6FA1E5C84.jpeg
and I got the major portion of the platform completed this afternoon, tomorrow I will add the supports for underneath and I am trying to decide where I want to add a center hinge to access the underneath storage space. One side will be fixed as my fridge/freezer will be mounted there.438D84D1-3286-49C1-8FCE-90F5114EAB44.jpeg

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Well I finally got the MaxTrax mount for my CBI bedrack and got it “installed” (sort of) I had given up on them getting me the right mount so I have a local fabricator making a MaxTrax mount that I can bolt onto my rack. I am not sure what I am going to do with this MaxTrax mount that I got from CBI yesterday, I may sell it or incorporate in somewhere else to mount another set of MaxTrax . Time will tell.

View attachment 189819
Then I washed some of the winter salt/sand crud off of my truck
View attachment 189821
And finally, I got one of the senior body men at the shop I help out at from time to time to help me with my rear headrest delete, they folded down but wasted about 4” of space where stuff would not go completely back against the rear of the cab and I need every inch I can get
View attachment 189822
Looking good!

Reactions: Ubiety

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Almost windshield down weather. Broke out the sewing machine and made a quick easy tie down.

Also did a 1000 mile post rebuild fluid change on the transmission, t-case and rear axle. WEnt ahead and changed the engine oil as well. It didn't get rebuilt but is pretty sludgy so I'm doing some short interval changes to try to get it cleaned up.

On the XJ I rotated the tires, lubricated all the hinges and lock mechanisms and changed the transmission fluid.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I sat the engine between the fender wells ...progress has returned.

View attachment 189850
I forgot how small even V8s looked in the engine bays of those old SUVs and Trucks. I remember as a kid working on my Dodge Ramcharger (318 V8) during the winter and I would climb into the engine bay and pull the hood down low to keep the wind off of me :tearsofjoy:

Yesterday evening a buddy dropped by with his YJ and we R&Red the P/S pump and pressure and return lines. Underhood area was a mess from a combination of PS fluid from the leaky pump and a leaky engine lol.

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety and M Rose

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I finished coating my platform with polyurethane and let it dry overnight. I test fitted the Alpicool fridge/freezer and marked where the tie downs need to be placed.
22F89393-D74A-4C47-A777-3AA13289C838.jpeg

I tested how much space I would use if I went with storage totes vs building a set of pull out drawers for the TAT journey this summer. If I go with the totes,( which I already have) I will have room for things that won’t fit in the totes. If I build a set of drawers, I will still have room for things that won’t fit in the drawers.
4910437C-1BAE-4ED2-8E24-A2D05E771EE7.jpeg

I mounted my spare tire using the 3/8” threaded nut fittings that slide into the bed rail on my Tacoma, and some threaded rod, I have a few tweaks I need to make to it, I think I am going to cut a 2x4 to go under the tire, long enough to mount using the bed bolt and cut the radius of the tire into the 2x4 to act as a cradle so the tire will not move and I want to find some 2” long sleeves to space out the hold down nuts, and maybe find a huge 3/8” wing nut type hold down. It was quite difficult to get my fat fingers back into that little space to tighten the nuts down.
25BA2CE8-3D3D-4988-8239-FA3FE5552CE2.jpeg

Cypress

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Goose Creek, SC, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJY639
Well, the plan was to replace a broken U-joint and install an LSD in the front axle. Alas, it will require a gear change from 3.55 to 4.11 so this is as far as I got. It's pretty much ready to go back together as soon as the gear set shows up.